Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.

Veterans Health Information Exchange (VHIE)


Quick Links

Veterans Crisis Line Badge
My healthevet badge
EBenefits Badge

Share My VA Health Records

“Connect Your Docs”


connect by computer

By Mail

connect by mail

In Person

connect in person

Notice: The VA Health Information Exchange Authorization Form, VA Form 10-0485 expiration date is being extended from 5 to 10 years.  After December 15th, once a Veteran signs the VA Form 10-0485 Authorization Form, VA will be able to share health information with their participating community care providers for a period of 10 years instead of 5 years.  


You can Connect Your Docs online through eBenefits.

If you are a Premium* eBenefits account holder, we invite you to Connect Your Docs through the Veterans Health Information Exchange.

Here’s how to sign up today to begin sharing your health records:

  1. To get started, go to
  2. Log in.
  3. Go to Manage Your Health (bottom of the page).
  4. Select VA Health Record Sharing. 
  5. Select Login to Manage My Consent (Authorizations) and Preferences and then select Start Consent (Authorization).
  6. Accept the terms and conditions (you must click Yes to continue), then select Save and Continue
  7. Mark the box and select Sign. You will then be prompted to re-enter your username and password. 
  8. Finally, click Reauthenticate. (This next step may take a couple of minutes to process.)
If you have technical difficulties, please call 1-800-983-0937 for assistance.

To learn more about Premium eBenefits accounts, click here:

Once you have completed these steps, VA will be able to share your health data with participating community care providers that are part of the VA Health Information Exchange to better coordinate your care.


  1. Download and print the VA consent (authorization) form (VA Form 10-0485).
  2. Mail it to “Release of Information Office” at your local VAMC

In Person:

  1. Visit the Release of Information (ROI) Office at your local VAMC.
  2. Ask for and complete the VA consent (authorization) form (VA Form 10-0485).
  3. Give the form to a member of the ROI office staff.

If at any time you wish to stop sharing your records, visit your local VA medical center’s Release of Information Office and ask for a “stop sharing” form (VA Form 10-0484) or call the toll-free VHIE Information line at 1-877-771-8537) to request a “stop sharing” form.

You can also go online to opt out by following the steps below.

  1. Log into
  2. Click Manage Health
  3. Scroll down the page and click VA Health Record Sharing
  4. Click Manage My Consent (Authorizations) and Preferences
  5. Click Revoke Consent (Authorization)

Are you a resident of a Dual Consent State (ex:  MN and NY, etc.,)? 

PLEASE NOTE:  Signing up to share your health information with VA may not complete the process in allowing both VA and your Community Provider to exchange your health records.   There may be cases in which providers, state laws and/or Community Care Provider(s) require an additional Consent Form in order to exchange information with the VA.  Please contact your local Release of Information (ROI) Office and/or local Community Care Provider(s) to confirm whether an additional consent form is needed for your area.