About the Course
Eating for Whole Health (14 CEUs) is an advanced, stand-alone clinical education course designed to introduce VA clinicians and non-clinicians to the Whole Health approach as it relates to a fundamental aspect of healing and self-care: nutrition.
After completing this training course, you will learn the following key objectives:
- Understand key concepts of the Whole Health approach to nutrition.
- Describe key aspects of functional nutrition and how they can fit into your practice.
- Outline how nutrition can have health-promoting as well as therapeutic effects, particularly for mental health, gastrointestinal health, pain, and prevention of chronic disease.
- Recognize physical signs and symptoms related to nutritional imbalances.
- Identify what the latest research suggests regarding the health effects of popular herbs and spices.
- List at least five key nutrition resources offered within the VA.
- Create Personal Health Plans that address Whole Health nutrition.
Whole Health virtual or face-to-face courses are only available to VA employees. Please note, course materials are under a constant state of revision. Please check the SharePoint page below for the most updated materials. If you are a VA Employee and interested in signing up for a Whole Health course, refer to the OPCC&CT SharePoint Education Hub (NOTE: Must have VA network access).