About the Course
Whole Health for Pain and Suffering: An Integrative Approach (13.5 CEUs) is an advanced clinical education course designed to support VA clinicians working with patients who experience pain in its various forms.
After completing this training course, you will learn the following key objectives:
- Use the Whole Health model to individualize the pain and suffering experience
- Apply non-pharmacologic approaches to pain care using Whole Health
- Develop a common language among professions caring for Veterans with chronic pain and suffering
- Become familiar with research and practical issues on the use of Integrative Health in pain care
- Apply Whole Health to the care of Veterans with complex pain and medical histories
- Describe how mind-body approaches and self-management can help people cope with pain
- Understand the efficacy and safety of different modalities, including manual therapies, acupuncture, nutrition, and mind-body approaches
Whole Health virtual or face-to-face courses are only available to VA employees. Please note, course materials are under a constant state of revision. Please check the SharePoint page below for the most updated materials. If you are a VA Employee and interested in signing up for a Whole Health course, refer to the OPCC&CT SharePoint Education Hub (NOTE: Must have VA network access).