About the Course
Whole Health Partner Training (12.5 CEUs) is a three-day course designed to train Whole Health Partners in several roles in order to promote and support fellow Veterans in effective utilization of the Whole Health (WH) Pathway.
After completing this training course, you will learn the following key objectives:
- Promote the utilization of WH Pathwaysfor fellow Veterans
- Accompany/welcome Veterans to theWhole Health Journey
- Recruit Veterans to engage in the WHPa thway/Well-being offerings
- Train/facilitate the Taking Charge of MyLife and Health Course
- Navigate Veterans through the WHJourney
- Encourage fellow Veterans as they engagein their WH Journey
- Role Model by participating in their ownWH Journey
- Support fellow-Veterans as they engage intheir WH Journey
Sections/Major Subject Areas
The course has 18 sections:
1.0 Participant Introductions
2.0 Community Agreements
3.0 What is a Whole Health(WH) Partner?
4.0 What is the WH Pathway in the Context of the WH System?
5.0 Mindful Awareness Review and Practice
6.0 Learning How to Introduce a Veteran to the WH System
7.0 Identifying Stakeholders and Recruitment Strategies
8.0 Engaging Veterans in the Use of the PHI
9.0 Resources Available to Veterans(Part 1)
10.0 Developing Your Elevator Talk
11.0 Becoming More Familiar with Veteran Resources
12.0 Following Up with Veterans on their PHP
13.0 Limits of the Partner Role
14.0 Documenting Veteran Contacts/Interactions
15.0 Practice of Informal WH Introductions
16.0 Second Draft of Elevator Talk
17.0 Strategy Planning for Implementing Partner Program
18.0 Closing Circle
Whole Health virtual or face-to-face courses are only available to VA employees. Please note, course materials are under a constant state of revision. Please check the SharePoint page below for the most updated materials. If you are a VA Employee and interested in signing up for a Whole Health course, refer to the OPCC&CT SharePoint Education Hub (NOTE: Must have VA network access).