The VA sponsors and participates in a number of special programs to benefit our customers. For those programs that have Web sites, we have provided links below.
- Health Programs & Initiatives - The Veterans Health Administration's site lists health-related programs specific to its organization.
- Advisory Committees - Advisory Committees carefully and systematically review, evaluate, and advise the VA on a broad range of issues affecting policies and programs. The public, in return, is afforded an opportunity to participate actively in VA's decision making process.
- Center for Faith-Based and Community Initiatives - The Center for Faith-Based and Community Initiatives provides information, resources and tools to help faith-based and community groups compete for funding on a level playing field with other organizations.
- Center for Women Veterans: Programs & Initiatives for Women Veterans - The Center for Women Veterans ensures that VA health care and benefits programs are responsive to the gender-specific needs of women veterans and that women veterans have access to VA benefits and services.
- Debt Management Center (DMC) - DMC's primary mission is to collect debt resulting from an individual's participation in VA benefit programs in the most efficient and cost effective means possible while maintaining compassionate, high quality service to veterans and their families.
- Homeless Assistance Programs & Initiatives - The homeless program promotes the development and provision of housing and other supportive services. Homeless veterans achieve residential stability, increase their skill levels and/or income, and obtain greater self-determination.
- Records Center & Vault - In addition to general records storage, the Vault specializes in providing customized storage and personalized services designed to meet client requirements.
- VA Franchise Fund (VA Enterprise Centers) - Made up of six lines of business (the Austin Automation Center, the Debt Management Center, the Financial Services Center, the Law Enforcement Training Center, the Security and Investigations Center, and the VA Records Center and Vault), the VA Franchise Fund provides Comprehensive Business Solutions for Today’s Government--information technology, debt collection, accounting, finance and payroll, law enforcement training, identification badges and access cards design and production, and records storage and retrieval services.
- Veterans Industries - This vocational rehabilitation program provides temporary and permanent staffing for manufacturing, warehouse construction, and office support, as well as outsource support in assembly, packaging, sorting, grading, reclaiming, and recycling.