VA Augusta is relaxing some masking requirements
Effective immediately, VA Augusta Health Care System is relaxing some masking requirements for Veterans, visitors, volunteers, and staff.
Effective immediately, VA Augusta Health Care System is relaxing some masking requirements for Veterans, visitors, volunteers, and staff. Please review the details below on which services and units now offer optional masking and which still require masking.
Please be aware masking policies are fluid based on community COVID-19 rates. We will keep you informed of any changes. Also, please be patient as we adjust signage throughout the health care system to reflect the change in masking policies.
• Long-term care (CLC)
• Spinal Cord Injury and Disorders Units
• All acute inpatient areas
• Intensive Care Unit
• Emergency Department
• Blind rehab
• Residential mental health
• Homeless shelters
• Outpatient areas with patients who have high-risk for complications from COVID
• Anyone with active respiratory symptoms (cough, runny nose) should continue to wear a mask in all areas.
Masks are optional for general areas of the health care system to include:
• Common waiting areas