Advisory Committee on Minority Veterans
Appointed by the Secretary, The Advisory Committee on Minority Veterans (ACMV) was established under Public Law 103-446 § 510, November 2, 1994. The Committee consists of veterans who represent respective minority groups and are recognized authorities in fields pertinent to the needs of the minority group they embody. The Committee responsibilities include:
- Advising the Secretary and Congress on VA’s administration of benefits and provisions of healthcare, benefits, and services to minority Veterans.
- Providing an Annual report to congress outlining recommendations, concerns and observations on VA’s delivery of services to minority Veterans.
- Meeting with VA officials, Veteran Service Organizations, and other stakeholders to assess the Department’s efforts in providing benefits and outreach to Minority Veterans.
- Making periodic site visits and holding town hall meetings with Veterans to address their concerns.
Access the biographies of the current Advisory Committee members.
Are you interested in serving on the Advisory Committee for Minority Veterans?
Every year, the Center reviews and staffs all Secretary’s Advisory Committee for Minority Veterans Applications for selection in mid-July. The application process is on a rolling basis and every Spring a Federal Register notice is submitted for announcement. Please note that all Applications submitted between July to the following July will be held for review/selection for following Fiscal Year appointments.
- Download and complete the ACMV Application;
- Attach a copy of your DD-214;
- Resume and;
- Provide three (3) references with contact information.
- Application should be mailed to the Center for Minority Veterans, Department of Veterans Affairs, 810 Vermont Ave. NW (00M), Washington, DC 20420 or email us@ email@example.com.