Dallas VA Medical Center
4500 S. Lancaster Rd.
Dallas, TX 75216
Phone: 800-849-3597 Or 800-849-3597
VA North Texas Health Care System (VANTHCS) is a progressive health care provider in the heart of Texas. Poised as VA’s second largest health care system, we serve over 113,000 Veterans and deliver one million outpatient episodes of care each year to Veterans in 38 Texas counties and two counties in southern Oklahoma. We have 4,700 employees and 1,700 community volunteers who are driven by the passion to serve at Dallas VA Medical Center, Sam Rayburn Memorial Veterans Center, Fort Worth VA Outpatient Clinic, Tyler VA Primary Care Clinic, Polk Street VA Annex and six community based outpatient clinics.
VANTHCS provides comprehensive health services through primary, tertiary and long-term care in many areas like medicine, surgery, mental health and rehabilitation. The 853-bed system has a Spinal Cord Injury Center, Domiciliary Care Program and Community Living Center with a dedicated hospice unit. In 2009, a Fisher House was established on the Dallas campus to provide no-cost temporary lodging in a home-like setting for families of Veterans or active duty military personnel undergoing treatment at the facility.
Recognizing the importance of educating tomorrow’s clinicians, we have an important teaching mission that provides education and experience to 1,875 residents, students and trainees. As a major research center, VANTHCS has more than 90 principal investigators and 400 research staff who work daily to create advances in our understanding and treatments of diseases and disabilities that affect Veterans and the general population
Remarkable gains in clinical performance, access to care, stakeholder relationships, efficiency and quality are evident here. The most noteworthy accomplishments that signify these advancements include:
- Recognized by the National Center for Patient Safety in 2009, 2010 and 2012 with the VA Patient Safety “Gold Cornerstone” Award for outstanding achievement in identifying, analyzing and resolving patient safety issues.
- VHA Systems Redesign Champion - 1st Place Award in 2010 for significant improvements in patient throughput.
- Recognized by VA’s Green Building Initiative for achievements in sustainable energy and reducing environmental impact.
- Awarded the 2010 Robert W. Carey Excellence Award from the Secretary of Veterans Affairs.
- 2010 VA Engineering Green Building Initiative (green globe) award
VANTHCS is moving forward to reach new heights in providing patient centered care with its steadfast commitment to continuous quality improvement and personal touch. We are,
Changing Lives. One Veteran at a time.