Office of Financial Policy
Welcome to the Office of Financial Policy (OFP) Website! OFP reports directly to the Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary for Finance (DAS). OFP is led by an Associate Deputy Assistant Secretary (ADAS) who is assisted by a Deputy Director. The ADAS is responsible for managing the Cost and Debt Management Service, Management and Financial Reports Service (MFRS), Accounting, Payroll, and Travel Policy Services, Grants Management Service, and the Systems to Drive Performance (Initiative).
Our office supports VA organizations and their financial needs. For Veterans in crisis and their family and friends, please access the Veterans Crisis Line Website . For assistance or questions with Veteran benefits and services, to include medical or burial, please visit the Veteran Services website. Thank you for your service and support.
Financial Policy Services
- Financial Reports Service (MFRS)
- Accounting, Payroll, and Travel Policy
- Grants Management and Special Projects
VA Financial Policy updates that are approved by the Financial Policy Steering Committee are now being broadcast using RSS Feed notifications. Sign up for the RSS Feed today to ensure you are current on all VA Financial Policies. If you no longer wish to receive these notifications, simply unsubscribe from the feed.
To assist you with signing up to this RSS feed, a step-by-step guide is available to walk you through the process of subscribing.
Who We Are
The OFP organization works together to ensure that the roles and responsibilities assigned are performed as effectively and efficiently as possible to support the CFO is his/her duties. OFP responsibilities include:
- Providing VA-wide financial policy and guidance by developing, coordinating, issuing, evaluating, and reviewing VA financial, payroll, and travel policies and procedures for compliance with all financial laws and regulations,
- Preparing VA’s annual Consolidated Financial Statements, President’s Management Agenda scorecards, OMB and Treasury reports, and other comprehensive financial reports as requested,
- Working with the Office of the Inspector General’s independent contract auditors on VA’s annual Consolidated Financial Statements audit,
- Assisting VA’s Office of Budget in incorporating statements and audit results in the Agency Financial Report (AFR),
- Providing VA-wide customer support through financial integrity/guidance, analysis of expenditures and collection of funds, payroll, cash, and debt management oversight, asset property and inventory management oversight, and cost accounting.
External Links Disclaimer
This page may contain links to pages and/or documents outside the Department of Veterans Affairs Domain. These are annotated as shown below in the content of the page. We hope your visit was informative.
U.S. Federal/Military Sites — You will leave the Department of Veterans Affairs website by accessing this link.
Non-Government Sites — You will leave the Department of Veterans Affairs website by accessing this link. VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of the linked website.