Accounting, Payroll, and Travel Policy Service
Welcome to the Accounting, Payroll, and Travel Policy website! We strive to provide the most current VA accounting, payroll, and travel policy and other related information affecting our financial and travel customers.
Financial policies include finance and accounting, financial reporting, cash and debt management, and other Government-wide programs and initiatives. As part of the CFO responsibilities, OFP Accounting, Payroll, and Travel Policy is responsible for performing duties related to:
- Providing VA-wide financial policy and guidance by developing, coordinating, issuing, evaluating, and reviewing VA financial, payroll, travel, and charge card policies and procedures for compliance with all financial laws and regulations,
- Responding to financial, payroll, travel, and charge card policy inquiries and audit requests,
- Reviewing and analyzing Financial Management System (FMS) transactions for US Standard General Ledger (USSGL), budget object codes (BOCs), and other accounting transactions,
- Assisting with passport applications and receipt, and
- Assisting in the annual preparation of the Consolidated Financial Statement and independent audit and other reporting requirements.
Financial Policy Services
External Links Disclaimer
This page may contain links to pages and/or documents outside the Department of Veterans Affairs Domain. These are annotated as shown below in the content of the page. We hope your visit was informative.
U.S. Federal/Military Sites — You will leave the Department of Veterans Affairs website by accessing this link.
Non-Government Sites — You will leave the Department of Veterans Affairs website by accessing this link. VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of the linked website.