Veterans Health Administration
Services - Compensated Work Therapy
CWT provides a wide range of services for industry including; work site and job assessment, staff training and consultation services, employee assessment and screening, and job matching and follow-up services. CWT supports veterans through vocational case management and workplace supports to facilitate continued employment success. In conjunction with the CWT program industry is able to expand its work ready applicant pool and develop a pre-screening opportunity for future employees.
Our mission is to provide a realistic and meaningful vocational opportunity to veterans; encouraging successful reintegration into the community at the veterans' highest functional level. To achieve this mission we develop partnerships with companies who want high quality work completed on a timely basis at a competitive price. The expectation of quality, as demanded by industry, helps create and maintain our programs atmosphere of success.
CWT can help your company by providing:
- Labor services for semi-skilled and unskilled positions in, but not limited to, information technology, office management, clerical, retail, manufacturing and production, warehousing, manual labor, food services, etc.
- Professional rehabilitation support including staff education, task analysis and job modification, Vocational Case Management, and follow-along services. CWT staffs are knowledgable about ADA, reasonable accomodation and assistive technology.
- On and off site assembly and sub-assembly
- On and off site custom packaging
- Reclaiming and recycling services
- Inspection, grading and sorting products for industry
The Compensated Work Therapy (CWT) Supported Employment program identifies veteran strengths and matches those skills and abilities to industries job requirements. One important feature in CWT Supported Employment services is it's level of staff support; operating much like a free employee assistance program for your company. The CWT "temp to hire" Transitional Work program allows a company to pre-screen veterans, observing them in action before making a decision regarding competitive employment. Depending on your company's specific needs, CWT may be an efficient and effective source for temporary and permanent workers or a means for completing work on a piece rate or job rate basis.