Office of Health Equity
National Veteran Health Equity ReportLatest Updates:
- More options to download National Veteran Health Equity Report to your favorite device
- National Veteran Health Equity Report now available for downloading to your mobile device
- OHE Releases New VA National Veteran Health Equity Report Data Visualization Tool
- Data from the National Veteran Health Equity Report now available publicly.
- Department of Veterans Affairs releases data visualization tool that includes new data story featuring the National Veteran Health Equity Report.
- New video trainings posted.
- Darrell G. Kirch, MD, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Association of American Medical Colleges, endorses the National Veteran Health Equity Report. Read it here.
Data for the National Veteran Health Equity Report are from centralized, national VHA administrative databases of enrollment, outpatient, inpatient, and Non-VA (Fee) medical care, but do not include long-term care services or care received privately by VHA users. All of the report chapters are drafted by VA subject matter experts.
The 2016 version of the National Veteran Health Equity Report details VHA care for vulnerable Veterans by race/ethnicity, gender, age, geography, and mental health status receiving VHA care in Fiscal Year (FY) 2013. The full report, individual chapters, and exhibits can be downloaded below.
Note, the report and the interactive navigation features have been optimized when viewing the report from a desktop computer.
VA Office of Health Equity. 2016. National Veteran Health Equity Report—FY2013. US Department of Veterans Affairs, Washington, DC. Available online at http://www.va.gov/healthequity/NVHER.asp.
The findings and conclusions reported in this document are those of the authors who are responsible for its contents and do not necessarily represent the views of the Department of Veterans Affairs or the United States Government. Therefore, no statement in this document should be construed as an official position of the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- State of VHA Care for Vulnerable Veterans
- Release of the Inaugural VHA National Veteran Health Equity Report