VA Homeless Programs
Returns to Homelessness Among Veterans
There are countless reasons Veterans may return to homelessness: losing income, using their limited resources to care for a loved one, or high medical costs, to name a few. Learn why returns to homelessness occur, and what VA is doing to help.
VA On Track to House 38,000+ Homeless Veterans in 2023
VA is on pace to exceed its goal of housing 38,000 homeless Veterans in 2023. VA has also announced more than $1 billion in grants to help homeless and at-risk Veterans through the SSVF and GPD programs.
Mobile Medical Units Launching Nationwide
VA will deploy 25 mobile medical units across the country during the next six months to provide health care and support to homeless and at-risk Veterans.
Ending Veteran Homelessness Podcast
Want to know what VA is doing to end Veteran homelessness? Join us each month as we explore how our country is working to ensure that every Veteran has a safe and stable place to call home.
Learn more »
Are you a Veteran who is homeless or experiencing housing instability?
If you are a Veteran who is homeless or at imminent risk of homelessness, we strongly encourage you to contact the National Call Center for Homeless Veterans at (877) 4AID-VET (877-424-3838) for assistance.
No Veteran should be without a place to call home.
VA is committed to ending homelessness among Veterans. Our focus is threefold:
- Conducting coordinated outreach to proactively seek out Veterans in need of assistance.
- Connecting homeless and at-risk Veterans with housing solutions, health care, community employment services and other required supports.
- Collaborating with federal, state and local agencies; employers; housing providers, faith-based and community nonprofits; and others to expand employment and affordable housing options for Veterans exiting homelessness.
- Marine Veteran Served in Prison, Now Devotes Life to Other Veterans
VA Madison Health Care | Veterans Affairs | August 24, 2023
- National Alliance to End Homelessness Announces First-Ever Research Grant Awardees
National Alliance to End Homelessness | August 16, 2023
- Veteran Homelessness Remains an Issue in Wichita
KSN | Posted July 14, 2023
- City Hopes to Get Homeless Veteran Population to Functional Zero by 2024
KAKE | Posted July 6, 2023
- Healing Through Theater
VA Greater Los Angeles | Posted June 28, 2023
- Veteran Saves, GI Bill Comparison Tool, and Veteran Homelessness
THE BLUF | Posted July 3, 2023
- If you are a Veteran who is homeless or at imminent risk of becoming homeless, call the National Call Center for Homeless Veterans at (877) 4AID-VET (877-424-3838) for assistance.
- You can also call or visit your local VA Medical Center or Community Resource and Referral Center where VA staff are ready to help.
- Explore www.va.gov/homeless to learn about VA programs for Veterans who are homeless and share that information with others.
- Work with VA to prevent and end homelessness among Veterans in your community. Learn how you can help by visiting our Stakeholders page.
- Listen to our podcast, Ending Veteran Homelessness, to get monthly updates on resources and services.
- Download posters, brochures, and other materials to reach out to Veterans and help VA end homelessness.