New Staff Development
Grantee Orientation Guide was developed in order to provide a basic set of orientation and training resources for organizations receiving SSVF funds for the first time.
The Guide has become a useful tool for existing grantees to facilitate introductory training for new staff. Click on the link below for the training outline and links to webinars
and other training materials that will introduce staff to the SSVF Program. The document makes it easy to track your staff's progress through the training and certify their completion.
Additionally, on a quarterly basis SSVF grantees are required to certify their
program staff has completed trainings provided by the SSVF Program Office.
Many of these trainings are available within the Grant Orientation Guide.
Grantee Orientation Guide - Updated
The Grantee Orientation Guide aims to provide an introductory framework of SSVF including: program requirements, program practices and philosophies, examples of grantee best practices in the field, and useful tools for program start-up and implementation.
User Guide for GIFTS (SSVF Online System)
- SSVF Returning Home Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Outreach, Engagement, and Admission
- Assessment and the Housing Plan
Housing Barriers Summary
- Participant Services, Non-Financial
- Audit Guidelines, Fraud Prevention, Reporting and Compliance
- Participant Services, Financial
- Landlord Supports
- Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA)
- Employment as a Key to Ending Veteran Homelessness
- Legal Services 101 and Family Law/Child Support
- Innovation in Accessing Mainstream Benefits-SSI/SSDI Outreach, Access and Recovery (SOAR)
- Trauma Informed Care Part 1
- Trauma Informed Care Part 2
- SSVF Program Policies and Procedures
- SSVF Training and On-Boarding Guide
- SSVF New Grantee Program Startup Checklist
- SSVF Sample Participant File and
Additional Documentation Requirements