Maiah Hardin, PharmD
PGY2 Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Resident
VA Houston health care
Maiah Hardin, PharmD, is a PGY2 Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Resident at the Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center.
- Hometown: Lake Charles, Louisiana
- Education: University of Louisiana Monroe College of Pharmacy (Monroe, LA)
- PGY1: Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center, Houston, TX
- Research: National VA Hypoglycemia Safety Initiative
- Why VA Houston: Upon searching for postgraduate residency programs, I knew I wanted a site that focused on service to those in need, as well as a progressive learning environment that would be all-encompassing regarding my career goals in ambulatory care. Upon discovering VA Houston and ultimately matching for my PGY1 residency, I quickly realized that VA Houston provided exactly what I was searching for, and was an unmatched, progressive pharmacy environment of layered learning. The decision to early commit to PGY2 ambulatory care was simple, as I desired to build upon my wide range of experiences from my PGY1 residency and wanted even more opportunities to work in numerous specialty clinics while building my confidence and independence. VA Houston is a unique clinical pharmacy environment that pushes me to practice at the top of my license, and, most importantly, practices daily empathy to provide meaningful service to our Veteran population.