The highly contagious Omicron variant has led to a dramatic surge in COVID-19 infections among our Veterans and within the community. We are committed to serving your healthcare needs during this challenging time. Here are important COVID-19 updates at our facility.
- Only surgical masks and medical grade masks (such as KN95) are permitted at VA Long Beach Healthcare System.
- Cloth masks, neck gaiters, bandanas, and masks with valves alone without a surgical mask are not allowed.
- Cloth masks alone are not enough to protect you from the highly contagious Omicron variant. We provide surgical masks at all entrances.
► COVID-19 Testing
COVID-19 Testing is available at Tibor Rubin VA Medical Center, 5901 E. 7th St. Long Beach, CA 90822.
- With COVID-19 symptoms: Go to the COVID-19 screening tent by Bldg. 164 (near Primary Care building entrance)
- With NO COVID-19 symptoms: By appointment only. Please call 562-826-5151
► CDC Guidance, Quarantine and Isolation
See updated guidance from COVID-19 Quarantine and Isolation | CDC
► COVID-19 Vaccinations
COVID-19 vaccinations protect you from getting a severe COVID-19 infection. We now know that COVID-19 vaccine effectiveness decreases over time. A booster shot will recharge your body’s ability to protect you from getting severe COVID-19 infection. Once you are vaccinated, don’t forget to observe distancing, wash your hands, and wear a well-fitted mask around others to increase your protection from getting COVID-19 infection.
How to get a booster shot:
✓ Walk-in to the Vaccination Center in Bldg. 165 (“The Egg”), Monday - Friday, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
✓ Or schedule your appointment today: 562-826-5300
You are eligible to get a booster if you:
✓ Completed the Moderna or the Pfizer vaccine series at least 5 months ago
✓ Received the Johnson & Johnson single dose at least 2 months ago
“Mix and match” boosters allowed. VA Long Beach offers Moderna and Johnson & Johnson COVID vaccine booster doses.
► Community Based Outpatient Clinics
Due to the significant increase in COVID-19 infections, most Community Based Outpatient Clinic Primary Care appointments moving forward will be offered virtually. You will be contacted if your upcoming Clinic appointment has been converted to a virtual appointment.
► Tibor Rubin VA Medical Center Entrances
- Entrances at Bldg. 164 (Primary Care/Pharmacy/Emergency Department) and Bldg. 128 (Mental Health/Community Living Center) are open 24/7.
- Entrances at Bldg. 126 (Main Hospital entrance) and Bldg. 150 (Spinal Cord Injury) are open Monday-Friday 5 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- No visitation allowed on inpatient units
- No one under the age of 18 allowed in the facility
- One essential caregiver only (a caregiver is a person who is needed to assist a Veteran in order to access outpatient care).
- Essential vendors by appointment only who meet criteria for entry based on vaccination or COVID-19 negative testing status.
► Staying Safe
To prevent the spread of COVID-19 and the flu, please continue to practice safety measures such as washing your hands, practicing physical distancing, wearing a well-fitting face covering, and getting your flu shot and COVID-19 booster. Continue to protect yourself and your loved ones during this recent surge of COVID infections.
► Veterans Town Hall
Have questions? Make sure to attend our next Veterans Town Hall on Tuesday, January 18, 2022 at 12 p.m. via Facebook Live. Visit our VA Long Beach Healthcare System Facebook page for more details.