Sat. Aug 19, 2023, 8:00 am – 3:00 pm ET
On Saturday, August 19, 2023, 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., we will be hosting a hiring event that will include on-the-spot interviews and the opportunity to complete initial on-boarding tasks. Please bring copies of your resume. We will be hiring for the following positions in the following area:
The Robley Rex VAMC Sleep Center is looking for highly motivated, enthusiastic Sleep Technologists!
We offer a special salary rate ranging from $63,108 to $82,045 along with a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
The Medical Instrument Technician (MIT) – Polysomnographer will utilize his/her sleep medicine skills and knowledge to provide direct patient care in the sleep center. Duties may include Polysomnography (Sleep studies), home sleep testing, patient set-up, follow-up, initiation of durable medical equipment, as well as patient care, and education, etc. He/she will work collaboratively with the patient care team. The incumbent will need to have the knowledge, skills, and ability to perform both basic and complex therapeutic procedures for adult and geriatric patients in an outpatient sleep center setting.
Those qualified and interested in employment as a MIT are encouraged to submit contact information along with a current resume to VISN9HRSBU-Lou@va.gov. For questions, please call Human Resources at 502-287-5863.
The incumbent must have an active clinical provider Basic Life Support Certification (BLS)
Certification as a Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT) through the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (BPPT) is highly desirable.
Polysomnographic Technologist shall have a minimum of one (1) year as RPSGT with experience within the last two (2) years, conducting sleep studies in a patient care setting including, PAP clinic, home studies, and one (1) year scoring sleep studies is highly desirable.
Come practice at the top of your license at the Louisville VA Healthcare System!
Pharmacists may be eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP).
A one-year 10% retention incentive has been approved for pharmacy technicians after their first 90 days of employment.
Those qualified and interested in employment as a Clinical Pharmacist Practitioner, Clinical Pharmacist, or Pharmacy Technician are encouraged to submit contact information along with a current CV/resume to VISN9HRSBU-Lou@va.gov. For questions, please call Human Resources at 502-287-5863.
- GS-0661-06 Pharmacy Technicians – national certification from the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)
- GS-0660-12 Inpatient Pharmacist – Pharmacy degree from an ACPE-accredited school of pharmacy and active licensure in any US State or Territory. Inpatient pharmacy experience preferred.
- GS-0660-13 Clinical Pharmacist Practitioners - Pharmacy degree from an ACPE-accredited school of pharmacy and active licensure in any US State or Territory. PGY1 Pharmacy Residency and PGY2 residency in a related specialty area preferred. Board certification preferred.
- Salary Rate
- GS-0661-06 $49,456 - $64,288
- GS-0660-12 Inpatient Pharmacist $130,552 to 169,718
- GS-0660-13 Clinical Pharmacist Practitioners $138,402 to $179,919
We have benefits and incentives designed for your success. Get started in an engaging new role that builds on your strengths and experience and allows you to serve our Nation’s heroes. The VA also provides expansive benefits, competitive salaries, paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave.
The Robley Rex VAMC is looking for Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSWs).
We offer a salary rate ranging from $57,118 to 107,680 along with a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
- GS 9/11 57,118 to 89,835
- GS 12 82,830 to 107,680
Those qualified and interested in employment as a LCSW are encouraged to submit contact information along with a current resume to VISN9HRSBU-Lou@va.gov. For questions, please call Human Resources at 502-287-5863
The following are the minimum qualifications need to be a LCSW at the Robley Rex VAMC.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Education. Have a master's degree in social work from a school of social work fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE). Graduates of schools of social work that are in candidacy status do not meet this requirement until the School of Social Work is fully accredited. A doctoral degree in social work may not be substituted for the master's degree in social work. Verification of the degree can be made by going to http://www.cswe.org/Accreditation to verify that the social work degree meets the accreditation standards for a Masters of Social Work.
- Licensure. Persons hired or reassigned to social worker positions in the GS-0185 series in VHA must be licensed or certified by a state to independently practice social work at the master's degree level. Current state requirements may be found by going to http://vaww.va.gov/OHRM/T38Hybrid/.
- English Language Proficiency. Candidates must be proficient in spoken and written English to be appointed as authorized by 38 U.S.C. ? 7403(f).
The Robley Rex VAMC is looking for Psychologist.
We offer a salary rate ranging from $69,107 – $128,043 along with a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Those qualified and interested in employment as a Psychologist are encouraged to submit contact information along with a current resume to VISN9HRSBU-Lou@va.gov. For questions, please call Human Resources at 502-287-5863.
The following are the minimum qualification needed to be a Phychologist at the Robley Rex VAMC.
See more events
- United States Citizenship - Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- English Language Proficiency Requirement - Per VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Chapter 3, Section A, Paragraph 3j: No person will be appointed under authority of 38 U.S.C., chapter 73 or 74, to serve in a direct patient-care capacity in VHA who is not proficient in written and spoken English.
- Education Requirement - You must have a doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA), the Psychological Clinical Science Accreditation System (PCSAS), or the Canadian Psychological Association (CPA) at the time the program was completed. The specialty area of the degree must be consistent with the assignment for which the applicant is to be employed. OR, have a doctoral degree in any area of psychology and, in addition, successfully completed a respecialization program meeting both of the following conditions: a) the respecialization program must be completed in an APA or a CPA accredited doctoral program; and b) the specialty in which you were retrained is consistent with the assignment you are am applying for; OR, have a doctoral degree awarded between 1951 and 1978 from a regionally-accredited institution, with a dissertation primarily psychological in nature.
- Internship Requirement - You must have successfully completed a professional psychology internship training program that was accredited by APA or CPA at the time the program was completed and that is consistent with the assignment for which the applicant is to be employed; OR, New VHA psychology internship programs that are in the process of applying for APA accreditation are acceptable in fulfillment of the internship requirement, provided that such programs were sanctioned by the VHA Central Office Program Director for Psychology and the VHA Office of Academic Affiliations at the time that the individual was an intern; OR, VHA facilities that offered full-time, one-year pre-doctoral internships prior to PL 96-151 (pre-1979) are considered to be acceptable in fulfillment of the internship requirement; OR, Applicants who completed an internship that was not accredited by APA or CPA at the time the program was completed may be considered eligible for hire only if they are currently board certified by the American Board of Professional Psychology in a specialty area that is consistent with the assignment for which the applicant is to be employed. (NOTE: Once board certified, the employee is required to maintain board certification). NOTE: Applicants who have a doctoral degree awarded between 1951 and 1978 from a regionally-accredited institution with a dissertation primarily psychological in nature may fulfill this internship requirement by having the equivalent of a one-year supervised internship experience in a site specifically acceptable to the candidate's doctoral program. If the internship experience is not noted on the applicant's official transcript, the applicant must provide a statement from the doctoral program verifying that the equivalent of a one-year supervised internship experience was completed in a site acceptable to the doctoral program.
- Licensure: Candidates must hold a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice psychology at the doctoral level in a State, Territory or Commonwealth of the United States, or the District of Columbia. Exception: Non-licensed applicants who otherwise meet the eligibility requirements may be given a temporary appointment as a "graduate psychologist" at the GS-11 or GS-12 grade under the authority of 38 U.S.C. 7405 (c)(2)(B) for a period not to exceed two years from the date of employment on the condition that such a psychologist provide care only under the supervision of a psychologist who is licensed. Failure to obtain licensure during that period is justification for termination of the temporary appointment.