VA Modernization is delivering a stronger future by transforming VA into a high-performing organization that is simplifying operations and empowering employees to deliver superior customer service, while enabling Veterans to more easily access the high-quality care and benefits they have earned.
- Transform systems to create foundational change
- Simplify operations to improve customer service
- Empower people to embrace change
As a catalyst for the VA Modernization journey, the Modernization Office leverages best-in-class processes and tools to ensure transparency in governance, reduce bureaucracy, manage change, and foster collaboration.
- Customer Service: Taking care of Veterans, caregivers, family members and survivors in ways that increase their trust in VA
- Business Transformation: Increasing the effectiveness, efficiency and transparency of how the VA gets things done
- Electronic Health Record (EHR) Modernization: Integrating national systems to improve delivery of care and services
- MISSION Act: Empowering Veterans to choose the best possible care
- Veteran Trust in VA increased from 47% in 2015 to 87% in 2019.
- Patients’ wait times are shorter at VA facilities than the private sector.
- The new VA.GOV simplifies the experience for Veterans to access VA benefits and heath care.
- The Appeals Modernization Act simplifies the appeals process and gives Veterans choice and control. Veterans can track appeals status in real-time.
Modernization will enable VA to provide seamless, high-quality, integrated, and coordinated care, anytime and anywhere—for generations to come.
Integrated High Reliability Organization (HRO)
VA will lead the way to transform the nation's largest integrated health care system into the largest high-functioning HRO. VA is implementing procedures and protocols that maximize safety and minimize harm, ensuring every patient receives excellent care, every time.
Delivering Integrated Care
Increasing Veterans' Access to Health Care
In other words,
Read what our partners, policymakers,
and Veterans themselves
about the VA's modernized customer
Get the latest delivered to your inbox.
Content last updated or reviewed on June 25, 2019