Office of Academic Affiliations
Centers of Excellence Primary Care Education
External Link Disclaimer: The links below are external links.
By clicking on these links, you will leave the Department of Veterans Affairs website.
VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of the linked websites.
BLAST News Links
- Integrating Resident Education into PACT Jul18th Cyberseminar
- Understanding Why Patients of Low Socioeconomic Status Prefer Hospitals Over Ambulatory Care July Robert Wood Johnson Foundation – VA Scholar
- Developing a Measure of Provider Adherence to Improve the Implementation of Behavioral Health Services in Primary Care: A Delphi Study July Implementation Science
- Patient Centered Performance management: Enhancing Value for Patients and Health Care Systems July JAMA
- Should Nurse Practitioners Be Able to Treat Patients Without Physician Oversight July Wall Street Joural
- Researchers Evaluate Students’ Perceptions of Interprofessional Education July Wall Street Journal
- The Future of Nursing in Primary Care: An Interview with Virgina P. Tilden, PhD, RN, FAAN. May. Primary Care Progress
- Applied Principles of Quality Improvement VA TMS
- May US Medicine
- Data Driven Healthcare: Prescription for Change. May Dr. Robert Jesse (addresses PACT/Primary Care). Leadership Magazine.
- Pharmacists Involvement in Establishing A Patient Centered Medical Home. May Am J Health Syst Pharm
- The personal health record paradox: health care professionals’ perspective and the information ecology of personal health record systems in organizational and clinical settings April. J. Med Internet Res.
- Medical Homes Versus Individual Practice in Primary Care: Impact on Health Care Expenditures April. Medical Care.
- Non-VA Medical Care Coordination Model and Process (NVCC) Available on My VeHU Campus
- PCMH Resource Center: Evidence and Evaluation AHRQ
- Sugata Mitra TED 2013 Winning Talk: The Future of Learning YouTube
- Eric Dishman: Health care should be a team sport YouTube
- California Weighs Expanded Role for Nurse Practitioners May. National Public Radio
- Primary Care doctors Make More Rain Than Specialists. May. Forbes
- Solid Investments in Primary Care Workforce Needed, AAFP Member Tells Congressional Committee. April. Reuters
- Primary Care Access a Key to Health Disparities Among Counties. Apr. American Medical News.
- Stronger Economy Stimulates Doctor Turnover. Apr. American Medical News.
- Patient Centered Approach Essential to Quality of Hospital Care. Apr. The Hospitalist.
- Institute of Medicine Videos from the November Global Forum on Innovation in Health Professions Education are now available
- A Systematic Review: Secure Messaging between Providers and Patients and Allowing Patients
- Perspective: Shared Decision Making to Improve Care and Reduce Costs. New England Journal of Medicine
- Should CMS Make Shared Decision Making A Quality Metric? Beckers.
- US Efforts to Boost Number of Primary Care Doctors Have Failed. Medical Xpress
- IPEC Announces 2013 Faculty Development Institute. American Association of Colleges of Nursing.
- HEALTHeCAREERS Network Celebrates Nurse Practioner Week Releasing Employement Data Showing Profession is in High Demand. HealthCareers
- Ethical Implications and Interprofessional Education ursing Science Quarterly.
- TEDMED Seeks Input on Great Challenges in Health & Medcine: Focus Whole Patient Care
- More Resources...
- Interprofessional Education for Collaboration: Learning to Improve Health from Interprofessional Models Across the Continuum of Education to Practice: Workshop Summary. May. Institute of Medicine Report. VA Office of Academic Affiliations Contributors: Malcolm Cox, MD Chief Academic Affiliations Officer and Kathryn Rugen, PhD, Nurse Consultant VHA Centers of Excellence Primary Care Education
- VACO Office of Patient Care Services Audio Conference Series: Part 1 – Joint Commission Primary Care Medical Home Standards and Survey Process Review May 23 at 2 p.m. ET
- VACO Office of Patient Care Services Audio Conference: May 23rd 2pm ET
- Collaborating Across Borders IV June 12-13 2013, Vancouver
- PACT Demo Lab Virtual Conference. June 13th. Must be inside VA Firewall to view. If you haven’t received invitation and you would like to attend, contact Laural Traylor.
Coordinating Center Staff