Policy and Interagency Collaboration
Mission: To lead VA’s policy management and interagency collaboration capabilities with Federal partners.
What We Do
Policy Analysis Services
- Leads the Organizational Change and the Delegations of Authority Process.
- Determines the impact of newly enacted legislation on VA policy.
- Produces the Department’s Functional Organizational Manual.
- Maintains the Department’s Organizational Hierarchy.
- Supports the National Academy of Medicine Task Force.
- Supports the Assistant Secretary in her role as certification authority for Enterprise-wide Directives, Handbooks, and Notices.
Interagency Collaboration Service
- Leads the VA-DoD engagement strategy, oversight, and execution of priority joint initiatives through the Joint Executive Committee (JEC) and publishes the VA/DoD Joint Strategic Plan and Annual Joint Report in coordination with DoD.
- Facilitates a VA-wide perspective in all VA-DoD collaboration activities and initiatives.
- Serves as the interagency portal to assess and align interagency coordination and synchronization focused on DoL, USDA, IHS, HUD and HHS.
- Collaborates across agencies and integrates across the enterprise to drive VA’s involvement with the National Resource Directory (NRD) and complete the execution of the Portfolio of Veterans Benefits (PVB) project.
- VA–DoD Joint Strategic Plan
- Joint Executive Committee Guidance
- Joint Executive Annual Report
Note: You may need to visit the VA Viewer Software page to view the documents available on this page.