Providers interested in participating must establish a contract with one of the contractors, Health Net Federal, or TriWest Healthcare Alliance. Providers do not need to join PC3 to participate in the Choice Program.
- Accept Medicare rates.
- Meet all Medicare Conditions of Participation and Conditions for Coverage.
- Be in compliance with all applicable federal and state regulatory requirements.
- Have a full, current, and unrestricted license in the state where the service(s) are delivered.
- Have same or similar credentials as VA staff.
- Submit a copy of the medical records to the contractor for medical care and services provided to Veterans for inclusion in the VA electronic record.
Providers listed on the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) exclusionary list are prohibited from participating.
How to participate:
To determine which of the two contractors you should contact (Health Net or TriWest) based on your geographic location click here.
- All Patient – Centered Community Care (PC3) providers are automatically eligible to participate in the Choice Program.
- Contact the appropriate contractor using the information listed below.
Contact Information for Health Net:
Contact Information for TriWest:
- Complete the process to establish a contract or provider agreement with the appropriate contractor, which will allow you to see Veterans seeking care through the choice program.
Are you an Academic Affiliate Partner of the Department of Veterans Affairs?
Click here for more specific information.
To learn more about Military Culture Training for Community Providers click here.