Office of Procurement, Acquisition and Logistics (OPAL)
|Tel: (708) email@example.com||Contacts||Survey|
Federal acquisitions and procurement is more than just rules and regulations. It is the process of making sound business determinations in order to receive the best products and services for the Government and its customers. Federal agencies, including those in remote and overseas locations, can use the VA Schedules Program to simplify the acquisition and procurement process while also enjoying shorter lead times, affording lower administrative costs, and promoting reduced inventories.
We have lots of great information dedicated to walking you through the process of ordering from a Schedule contract, including:
Ordering Procedures & Guidelines
- FAR 8.405–1 Ordering procedures for supplies, and services not requiring a statement of work
- FAR 8.405–2 Ordering procedures for services requiring a statement of work
- Statement of Work — Critical elements that should be included in your statement of work
- Evaluation Criteria — Required & common evaluation criteria that should be included in your statement work.
- Open market orders — Including open market items to a VA FSS task/delivery order or BPA
Other Useful Info
Best Value Determination — Discover the relevant factors (other than price) that you should consider when purchasing items off Schedule.
Priorities of use of Government supply sources — Learn about the changes made to FAR 8.000 and the new ordering hierarchy!