Office of Procurement, Acquisition and Logistics (OPAL)
Electronic Acceptance of FSS Offers/Proposals
|Tel: (708) firstname.lastname@example.org||Contacts||Survey|
Accepting only offers/proposals electronically we are able to:
- Eliminate the costs of printing & shipping a complete copy of the required documentation;
- Accelerate the receipt & assignment of your proposal to an assigned contract specialist; and
- Promote a more efficient & timely review of your proposal
There are some things to consider when submitting an electronic offer:
- Be sure that you are using the most recent solicitation. We will only accept proposals submitted using the most current refresh/version of the solicitation. We will accept proposals submitted under the prior refresh of a solicitation up to 90 days from the date of publication of the new, refreshed solicitation. After this 90 day grace period all outdated proposals will be returned without further action. Check out the VA Schedules page to determine the solicitation version you should be using!
- All offers must be emailed to FSSOffersandExtensions@va.gov with the subject line FSS - Offer - Schedule ID - 1 of # (e.g. FSS - Offer - 65 II A - 1 of 4). This email address serves as the central portal for processing new offers, therefore any offers that do not include this reference may be misdirected the review & evaluation of your offer to be delayed.
- Be sure that you are submitting a complete proposal package. It is important that you utilize the Proposal Submission Checklist included in the solicitation to ensure you are submitting all of the required information. If we do not receive all required documentation, we may return your proposal without further consideration. Additionally, be sure to keep a copy of your proposal for your records.
- If your offer is returned after initial submission to FSSOffersandExtensions@va.gov, be sure that your resubmission includes all documents and not just the deficiencies identified in the return e-mail, as any resubmission will be considered a new, stand-alone proposal.
Electronic Submission Logistics
|Email Component||Information Requirement|
|TO Email Address||FSSOffersandExtensions@va.gov|
|Subject Line||FSS - Offer - Schedule ID - Company Name - 1 of # (Example: FSS - Offer - 65 II A - ABC Medical - 1 of 4)|
|Body of Email||
Your email should include:
|Attachments||Size Limit: 10mb - If your submission is larger than 10mb, send in multiple emails, identifying in the subject line the number of emails you are sending (e.g. FSS - Offer - 65 II A - ABC Medical - 1 of 4) to ensure that we receive your entire offer.
Acceptable File Formats: Files can be submitted in Word, pdf, and Excel formats. Unless otherwise directed, we do NOT accept hard copies of offers, CDs, thumb drives, or zip files.
|Documents Requiring Signature||
Documents requiring signature include, but are not limited to, SF-1449, Signatory Authority, letters of supply, and Small Business Subcontracting Plans. Please note that the SF1449 signature date must be no earlier than 10 calendar days prior to submission of the proposal. Failure to comply with this date restriction will result in your proposal being returned to you without further consideration. Signatures requirements are as follows:
Offeror/Contractor and the VA agree to be bound by digital signatures with the same force and effect as wet signatures. A digital signature—a type of electronic signature—is a mathematical algorithm routinely used to validate the authenticity and integrity of a document. Digital signatures create a virtual fingerprint that is unique to a person or entity and are used to identify users and protect information in digital documents. Digital signatures are significantly more secure than other forms of electronic signatures.
VA FSS will only accept digital signatures and will not accept other types of electronic signatures described herein. While digital signatures are a form of electronic signature, not all electronic signatures are digital signatures. Electronic signatures—also called e-signatures—are any sound, symbol, or process that shows the intent to sign something. This could be an image (e.g. JPEG, PNG, etc.) of your hand-written signature, a stamp, or a recorded verbal confirmation. An electronic signature could even be your typed name on the signature line of a document.
Digital signatures will be deemed original signatures. PLEASE NOTE, a scanned copy of a document with your wet signature, although not considered a digital signature, remains acceptable. Offeror agrees to store and maintain as auditable records all digitally signed electronic documents for no less than 3 years after final payment.
Accepting electronic offers is a big leap for us and for you. We are excited about the new process, but understand that there may be some kinks that we need to iron out. Don’t hesitate to contact the FSS Help Desk if you have any issues.
Be sure to keep a copy of your proposal for your records. We also recommend that you follow up with the VA FSS Offer Help Desk to ensure that we received all of your offer documentation!
We are excited to accept electronic offers and look forward to working with you to refine the process!