Office of Procurement, Acquisition and Logistics (OPAL)
Modifying Your VA FSS Contract
|Tel: (708) email@example.com||Contacts||Survey|
In accordance with clause 552.238-82 Modifications (Federal Supply Schedule), VA FSS contractors may request a contract modification by submitting a request for review and approval by a VA Contract Specialist. (Note: All requests must be submitted to the firstname.lastname@example.org for process and assignment.) Changes to your contract are only effectuated via a contract modification executed by a FSS contracting officer.
Request for Modification Review & Award Process
- All requests must describe the proposed change(s) and provide the rationale for the requested change(s).
- Requests may be returned without award if submitted information is not current, accurate, complete, or the FSS contractor does not respond to clarification or additional information requests in a timely manner.
RFM Review & Award Process
Key Elements of a Successful RFM
- Scope — Are the offered products/services within the scope of your awarded contract and Schedule solicitation? Are all offered products/services from the US or other designated country(ies)?
- Forms — Did you use the current request forms and spreadsheets available online? Have you completed all required fields with information that is current, accurate, and complete?
- Requirements — Does the information you provided meet the requirements of the applicable modification clause of your solicitation?
- Pricing — Is your proposed pricing competitive with current market conditions?
- Regulatory Compliance — Are all registration requirements complete and up-to-date? Are all contract deliverables submitted on time?
|Submission & Approval Date||Effective Date|
|Prior to the 25th of the month||1st of the following month|
|Prior to the 10th of the month||15th of that month|
Review Process Time
Our goal is to review all modification requests and make an award/no award decision within 60 calendar days from receipt. Timely processing is impacted by the quality of the RFM submission, the inclusion of all relevant information, the total number of requests submitted, and the length of time between submissions.
Generally, the review time for modifications that must be reviewed by the VA Office of the Inspector General (OIG) exceeds 60 days. Visit the OIG Threshold page to see if your modification request meets the requirements for an OIG review.
All Schedule Request for Modification Forms and instructions are available for download on the Modification Forms page.
Subject Line Naming Convention
When submitting an RFM, requesting a status update, or submitting an updated FSS pricelist, the following identifying information must be included: RFM — Contract Number — Schedule ID — Mod Type/Status/Pricelist
Subject Line Naming Convention Examples
- Submitting a RFM
RFM — V797P-5555x — 65IB — Addition (or other action type)
- Submitting a Status Update Request
RFM — V797P-5555x — 65IB — Status
- Submitting a Pricelist
RFM — V797P-5555x — 65IB — Pricelist
NOTE: Naming convention required when submitting NAC-CM spreadsheets and FSS Paper Pricelists. GSA Advantage! pricelist notifications are automatically sent to the FSS Help Desk.
NOTE: Emails that are submitted to the Help Desk without the RFM prefix may be misdirected and thereby the review process of your request may be delayed.
|65 I B||FSC 65, Part I, Section B||Drugs, Pharmaceuticals, & Hematology Related Products|
|65 II A||FSC 65, Part II, Section A||Medical Equipment & Supplies|
|65 II C||FSC 65, Part II, Section C||Dental Equipment & Supplies|
|65 II F||FSC 65, Part II, Section F||Patient Mobility Devices|
|65 V A||FSC 65, Part V, Section A||X-Ray Equipment & Supplies|
|65 VII||FSC 65, Part VII||Invitro Diagnostics, Reagents, Test Kits, & Test Sets|
|621 I||FSC Q||Professional & Allied Healthcare Staffing Services|
|621 II||FSC Q301||Medical Laboratory & Testing Analysis Services|
|CPT||FSC 6630, Part III||Cost-Per-Test Clinical Laboratory Analyzers|