Office of Procurement, Acquisition and Logistics (OPAL)
Statement of Work
|Tel: (708) 786-7737||Fax: (708) email@example.com||Contacts||Survey|
Statement of Work: A statement of work (SOW) is required when purchasing commercial services. All elements of the SOW should be clear, precise, complete, concise, and to the maximum extent practicable it should be performance-based.
Performance-based SOWs ensure that
- Performance quality levels are achieved; and
- Total payment is related to the degree that services performed or outcomes achieved meet stated contract standards
All SOWs should include the following elements:
- Description of work to be performed
- Location of work
- Period of performance
- Deliverable schedule
- Applicable performance standards
- Any special requirements (e.g. security clearances, travel, special knowledge)
Visit the GSA Statement of Work Library for sample SOWs.