Office of Procurement, Acquisition and Logistics (OPAL)
High Tech Medical Equipment
The National Acquisition Center’s procurement of High Tech Medical Equipment (HTME) Division is executed by three Divisions:
HTME Contract Administration Division - The HTME Contract Administration Division is responsible for working with the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) on the solicitation, evaluation and award of the HTME contracts for Radiology and Radiation Therapy. Contracts are Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ), multiple award contracts (MAC) issued under the joint NAC/DLA HTME Program.
PACS and Laundry Division – The Picture Archiving and Communications Systems (PACS) and Laundry Division is responsible for awarding VISN-wide PACS orders and associated upgrades under the DIN-PACS IDIQ contract in addition to coordinating with DLA to manage the DIN-PACS IDIQ’s. This division also awards standalone contracts for laundry equipment at VA facilities.
HTME Ordering Division - The HTME Ordering Division is responsible for the award and administration of delivery orders for equipment and associated upgrades issued under the Radiology and Radiation Therapy IDIQ contracts.
The HTME Ordering Division issues consolidated solicitations for Radiology and Radiation Therapy equipment under the overarching IDIQ contracts. By soliciting VA requirements via the consolidation process, the HTME Ordering Division ensures all contract holders are provided fair opportunity to compete for Radiology and Radiation Therapy requirements while gaining workforce efficiencies and standardizing workflow initiatives across the division. Furthermore, by centralizing national purchases, the Consolidation Process maximizes VA’s leverage with industry and provides for additional discounts off of contract pricing, allowing the VA to obtain the lowest possible prices while providing equipment that best meets the needs of the VA.
The NAC Consolidation Process also supports clinician-driven best value selections and improves:
- Utilization of equipment funds through better planning and standardization of processes;
- Vendor compliance with VHA Health Information Management policies; and
- Vendor compliance with consistent use of health information standards, technical architectural compliance, data, and terminologies.
The HTME contracts provide radiology and imaging systems, subsystems, and components along with maintenance services, training, and incidental services related to the purchase of the equipment.
- Radiation Therapy
- Nuclear Medicine
A complete list of items covered by the NAC/DLA contracts are provided in detailed training slides. The training slides can be found on the HTM SharePoint site. Slides will also be provided upon email request to the HTME Ordering POCs listed below.
All HTME purchase requests exceeding the local thresholds listed below must be submitted to the NAC for purchase. Detailed instructions on how to submit an HTME package to the NAC can be found on the HTM SharePoint site. Slides will also be provided upon email request to the HTME Ordering POCs listed below.
|Equipment Type||Local Purchase Thresholds|
|DIN PACS||N/A (all purchases made via NAC)|
The vendors that participate in the DOD-VA Cost Sharing Program for HTME were awarded an Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) Contract in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulation Subpart 16.5 and are the only authorized vendors who can compete for individual requirements at the delivery order level.
HTME supports the HTME needs of the VA and other government agencies. The Defense Logistics Agency — Troop Support in Philadelphia purchases such equipment for its Department of Defense (DoD) customers. In accordance with VHA Handbook 1660.04, VA-DOD Health Care Resources Sharing Agreement, sharing of medical equipment contracts between VA and DOD is strongly encouraged.
HTME Contract Administration Points of Contact
- Marissa Wright, Chief HTME Contract Administration, (708) 786-5933
- LaTonya Whiteside, Senior Contract Specialist, (708) 786-4985
- Christina Kerns, Senior Contract Specialist, (708) 786-5253
- Freddie Beaulieux, Senior Contract Specialist, (708) 786-5240
PACS and Laundry Points of Contact
- Frank Zacchigna, Chief PACS and Laundry, (708) 786-4979
- Maria Alba, Senior Contract Specialist, (708) 786-4989
- Monique Lara, Senior Contract Specialist, (708) 786-4935
HTME Ordering Points of Contact
- Regina Blair, Chief, HTME Ordering, (708) 786-5234
- Coretta Daniels, Senior Contract Specialist, (708) 786-4941
- Michael Kuchyak, Senior Contract Specialist, (708) 786-5906
- John Lewandowski, Senior Contract Specialist, (708) 786-5254
- VA797N-19-R-0007, Radiation Therapy
- SPE2D1-15-R-0001, Radiology and Imaging Systems Program