Office of Procurement, Acquisition and Logistics (OPAL)
The VA Service and Distribution Center (SDC) is a full partner in the Office of Acquisition, Logistics and Construction (OALC) Supply Chain Management programs, involved in the planning, sourcing, procurement and logistics management of several key VA commodities. The SDC additionally provides:
The VA Service and Distribution Center offers clean, secure, heated warehouse storage for rent to VA facilities and other Government agencies. The SDC warehouse, located in Building 37 of the Hines VA Medical Center campus, is conveniently located a short distance from downtown Chicago, IL. Our facility offers quick, convenient access to a number of interstate roadways and to Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport.
The SDC can provide order processing, inventory management, stock selection and packaging services for your stored items. These convenient services are possible through our unique partnership with the National Industries for the Severely Handicapped.
World Wide Distribution
With our vast experience in traffic management, we can arrange local, national, or international shipping for our customers, as well as expedited, overnight carrier service, all at exceptional prices. Special targeted mailings and distribution of printed material are also available from the SDC’s Initial Distribution Section.
- Costs negotiable depending on space and level of services desired.
- Flexible duration of leases.
- For inquiries about rental space contact Eric Tharp, Executive Director, (708) 786-7502
- For inquiries about distribution services contact John Burke, Chief, Operations Division, (708) 786-7758
- For inquiries about transportation/traffic management services contact Dijana Colon, (708) 786-7763.
*Note: You may need to visit the VA Viewer Software page to view these documents.