Office of Procurement, Acquisition and Logistics (OPAL)
Non-Expendable Equipment Program
The Office of Procurement, Acquisition and Logistics, Strategic Acquisition Center (SAC) in partnership with the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) Program Executive Office (PEO) has established the Non-Expendable (NX) Equipment Program to improve support to Veterans healthcare needs by streamlining the Equipment Life Cycle Management (ELCM) process and oversees approximately $600 million annually in medical equipment purchases. The NX Equipment Program is designed to manage all facets of life cycle management ensuring the highest quality hospital equipment is managed from cradle-to-grave for VA Medical Centers and Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) across VA’s enterprise. Examples of items covered under the NX Equipment Program include centrifuges, electrosurgical generators and vital sign monitors.
The scope of NX Equipment Program priorities include:
- Strategical planning for the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of all equipment.
- Ordering and managing all equipment within VHA.
- Oversight of maintenance programs for VHA equipment.
- Driving the negotiation and execution of national contracts for equipment for the best value for Veterans and taxpayers.
- Ensuring the equipment acquisition cycle is thoroughly vetted and supported by clinicians to maximize the best possible outcomes and highest quality standard of care provided to Veterans across the nation.
- Provide assistance to VAMC logistics with returns/resales and track disposals to update inventory data.
This partnership will provide the visibility, stability and tools necessary to effectively manage the equipment supply chain.
National Equipment Catalog
This listing [as of 10/12/2022] reflects all equipment currently covered under the NX Equipment Program. It will be updated as additional items are added to the Catalog.
NX Equipment Points of Contact
General Information & Administration of Catalog
Mr. Jeff Young
Deputy Program Manager
Ordering Officer (OO) Appointment and Recertification
Mr. Daniel King
Deputy Program Manager
Contracting Officer, Contract Administration & Ordering Officer Lead
- Equipment Lifecycle Management (ELCM) Overview Fact Sheet
- ELCM National Equipment Catalog (NEC) Fact Sheet
- VA Staff Only - Additional documents are available on the intranet (https://vaww.va.gov/plo/elcm/)
*Note: You may need to visit the VA Viewer Software page to view these documents.