Heroes Connect: Smithfield Foods
Participants engage directly with company leaders about their operations, locations, Veteran-friendly culture, and current career opportunities. Connecting talent from the military and veteran community with manufacturers who are hiring today!
Smithfield Foods is a U.S.-based global food company and the world’s largest pork processor and hog producer. Employing over 55,000 people around the world, they have farms, facilities, and offices in the United States, Europe and Mexico. Through their Operation 4000! initiative they’ve committed to increasing the number of veterans in their workforce to 4000, ten percent of their total U.S. workforce, by the end of 2020!
Tips for Attending:
- Prepare to be on camera – We use Zoom so participants and company representatives can engage face-to-face.
- Research the company – Prepare questions in advance.
- Engage – Companies want employees who are as excited to learn about them as they are to hire high-quality talent.
- Share – We invite all interested service members, veterans, and military spouses, as well as those who support them, to participate in Heroes Connect events.
- For more information, visit https://www.themanufacturinginstitute.org/events/heroes-connect-smithfield-foods/