The links below provide more detailed information regarding the directives, policies, and publications which are the foundation of the PIV program.
- Homeland Security Presidential Directive12 — Policy for a common identification standard for Federal Employees and Contractors, August 2004.
- Federal Information Processing Standard 201 — Personal Identification Verification (PIV) of Federal Employees and Contractors, February 2005.
- NIST Special Publication 800-53 — Recommended Security Controls for Federal Information Systems, February 2005
- NIST Special Publication 800-79 — Guidelines for the Certification and Accreditation of PIV Card Issuing, July 2005.
- NIST Special Publication 800-73 — Interfaces for Personal Identification Verification, April 2005.
- NIST Special Publication 800-76 — Biometric Data Specification for Personal Identification Verification.
- NIST Special Publication 800-78 — Cryptographic Algorithms and Key Sizes for Personal Identity Verification, April 2005.
- Government Smart Card Interagency Advisory Board — Holds meetings to discuss goals for the successful development and implementation of a smart card program.
- E-Authentication: Secure Government Access — Sets standards for a common identity proofing method of individuals and businesses, based on risk of online services used. Its intent is to meet the business needs of the E-Gov initiatives.
- Federal Acquisition Circular (FAC) 2005-07 — Addresses personal identification requirements in the Homeland Security Presidential Directive (HSPD-12) and Federal Information Processing Standards Publication (FIPS PUB) 201.
Hours of Operation (Badge issuance):
8:00am—12:00pm; 1:00pm—4:00pm (Monday—Friday)
Walk-ins welcome from the hours of 8:00am—11:00 am; 1:00pm—3:00 pm
APPOINTMENTS WILL ALWAYS HAVE TOP PRIORITY