CVEB Success Practices and Model Framework
» Follow proven success factors of collective impact and principles of community engagement that guide the CVEBs;
» Integrate local service providers and stakeholders with local VA offices to address gaps in services;
» Identify targeted localized goals and follow a model of impact metrics; and
» Remain inclusive, accessible, and share information on community engagement activities with the public and listen to the voice of the Veteran, family, caregiver, and survivor.
- Open to all Veterans, Service members, their families, stakeholders, resources, advocates and existing community engagements/efforts
- Establish a collaborative network within the community and provide the opportunity to connect with other Veteran-Friendly Communities
- Conduct public forums to provide open lines of communication and opportunities to collaborate
- Public forums will be held in geographically diverse locations to encourage broad participation
- Focused on local issues identified by the community
- Guided by a community veterans engagement board that understand the issues and is actively engaged in them
- Locally-led by communities to reflect their unique characteristics and populations
- Allow for customization to meet local needs
- Connecting and leveraging local resources and capabilities to maximize impact and improve Veteran outcomes
- VA provides an integrated presence with representation from all three administrations
Need more information and want to find out more on existing communities or how to adopt the model in your community? Please email Vet-FriendlyCommunities@va.gov.