CVEB Success Practices and Model Framework
» Follow proven success factors of collective impact and principles of community engagement that guide the CVEBs;
» Integrate local service providers and stakeholders with local VA offices to address gaps in services;
» Identify targeted localized goals and follow a model of impact metrics; and
» Remain inclusive, accessible, and share information on community engagement activities with the public and listen to the voice of the Veteran, family, caregiver, and survivor.
- Open to all Veterans, Service members, their families, stakeholders, resources, advocates and existing community engagements/efforts
- Establish a collaborative network within the community and provide the opportunity to connect with other Veteran-Friendly Communities
- Conduct public forums to provide open lines of communication and opportunities to collaborate
- Public forums will be held in geographically diverse locations to encourage broad participation
- Focused on local issues identified by the community
- Guided by a community veterans engagement board that understand the issues and is actively engaged in them
- Locally-led by communities to reflect their unique characteristics and populations
- Allow for customization to meet local needs
- Connecting and leveraging local resources and capabilities to maximize impact and improve Veteran outcomes
- VA provides an integrated presence with representation from all three administrations
Want to learn more about existing communities or how to adopt the model in your community? Email VA VEO Communications.