Community Outreach Events and Resources
VA Secretary Robert Wilkie hosted ‘State of VA Community Town Hall’
Secretary of Veterans Affairs Robert Wilkie hosted his first State of VA Community Town hall on September 27, 2018. The secretary and eight guest panelists will highlight the activity and direction of VA since his appointment to lead the department in July.
Thank you for taking the time to ask a question or provide us with feedback during the virtual SECVA Community Town Hall Event. All inquiries received have been provided an email response.
We reviewed all the questions and here are some useful links based on the top 10 trending questions:
Virtual Community Veterans Engagement Board (CVEB) networking events. Community Veteran engagement board members, community service providers, local VA leaders, state/federal partners, interested stakeholders, and Veterans attended to learn about best practices and lessons learned from other community Veteran engagement board co-chairs and members; get connected and network with the community Veteran engagement boards in your area and across the nation; hear from VA senior leaders about how community Veteran engagement boards are helping to shape the Veteran Experience and improve outcomes at the local level; and listen to how boards focus on local community issues and implement local solutions.
- Pacific District CVEB Networking Event – September 7, 2018
- Continental District CVEB Networking Event – September 12, 2018
- Southeast District CVEB Networking Event – July 18, 2018
- Midwest District CVEB Networking Event – June 29, 2018
- North Atlantic District CVEB Networking Event – June 13, 2018
Compiled CVEB Networking Event Videos:
- Intro, Keynote, and VEO Overview
- Suicide Prevention
- Women Veterans
- Women Veterans
- America’s Warrior Partnership CVEB Task Force
- National Veterans Intermediary Resources for CVEBs
- Military Family Research Institute Data Sources for CVEBs
- Rapid Appeals Modernization Program
- Midwest District CVEB Best Practices Panel
- Pacific District CVEB Best Practices Discussion
- North Atlantic District CVEB Best Practices Discussion
- Continental District CVEB Best Practices Discussion
- Southeast District CVEB Best Practices Panel and Closing Remarks
Need more information and want to find out more on existing communities or how to adopt the model in your community? Please email Vet-FriendlyCommunities@va.gov.