Podcasts are a part of “outward facing content” outlined in the policy. Point of contact for podcast approvals is the Director of Digital Engagement, OPIA.
Currently, we are developing a VA Podcast Network, and we are currently looking for podcasters. To be approved for an official VA podcast you must:
- Have an approved podcast hosting site that can connect to industry standard podcatchers (iTunes, Spotify, Google Podcasts, etc.).
- Agree to post a bi-weekly basis at a minimum (exceptions can be made in the case of serial podcasts).
- Have the equipment necessary to produce a professional-level podcast.
- Have a clear plan, format and specific niche’ that serves VA’s external messaging.
- Podcast notes are to be blogged on VAntage Point.
- Agree to follow the Society of Professional Journalists Code of Ethics.
- Follow Section 508 compliance requirements (for example, providing a transcript of the podcast).