Wilmington VA Hiring Week
Ready to kick start your federal career? Join us January 15 - 28 for our virtual hiring event. For just 14 days, we're accepting applications for multiple clinical and non-clinical positions. Don't miss out on this rare opportunity!
The Wilmington VA Medical Center and its five clinics are hosting its first-ever virtual hiring event January 15 - 28 for multiple clinical and non-clinical positions. Our community clinics are located in Dover and Georgetown, Delaware and Rio Grande, Northfield and Vineland, New Jersey.
Unlike typical hiring fairs and government job postings, interested applicants will have the unique opportunity to email their resume directly to HR to be considered for select openings. HR will immediately review the applicant's resume and contact them between January 30 - February 8 for an interview.
**Please include your preferred position(s) and location when email your resume to HR**
Sign-on bonuses up to 15% of starting pay may be available for highly qualified applicants.
We are accepting applications for the following positions:
- Advanced medical support assistants
- This is an entry-level administrative position with amble career growth and responsible for scheduling and patient flow of appointments.
- Air condition mechanics (only at Wilmington VA Medical Center)
- Biomedical engineers (only at Wilmington VA Medical Center)
- Boiler plant operators (only at Wilmington VA Medical Center)
- Cooks and food service workers (only at Wilmington VA Medical Center)
- Dental assistants (only at Wilmington VA Medical Center)
- Engineers (only at Wilmington VA Medical Center)
- Health technicians
- Lab. technicians
- Mental health providers
- Nurses and nursing assistants
- See "how to apply" section for more details
- Pharmacists and pharmacy techs (only at Wilmington VA Medical Center)
- Physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners
- Dermatology, emergency medicine, gastroenterology, orthopedics, otolaryngology, neurology, psychiatrists, psychologists
- Program support assistants
- This is an entry-level administrative position with career growth and provides clerical support for clinical and non-clinical teams.
- Respiratory therapist
- Social workers
How to apply
Interested applicants are encouraged to send the following items as a PDF or Word document to VHAWIMHireEvent@va.gov between January 15 - 28. In the body of your email, you must state the location(s) and position(s) you're applying for:
- 3 references (1 must be supervisory)
- Any relevant certifications or licenses
- DD214 for Veteran applicants
Applications sent after January 28 may not be considered.
HR will contact qualified applicants January 30 - February 3 to arrange an interview. HR will only contact individuals who meet the qualifications/experience required.
During the interview, the applicant will have an opportunity to speak with the hiring manager and learn more about the position. Should the interview go well, HR will contact the applicant to extend a job offer and begin the hiring process.
Nursing applicants must submit their resume and the following items:
- Application (10-2850a) for RNs
- Application (10-2850c) for nursing assistants
- Copy of ACLS/BLS (for RNs)
- Copy of any certifications
- Declaration for Federal Employment (OF-306)
- Nurse Salary Questionnaire (for RNs only)
- 3 References (1 supervisory reference and 2 professional references that can speak to their clinical skills)
Why choose Wilmington VA?
We know choosing where to work is a big decision that can impact you professionally and personally. At Wilmington, we value our team members and their unique needs. We offer our team members a plethora of benefits and perks! For a full list of benefits, visit Employment Benefits (va.gov):
- Unbeatable health insurance benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, HSA, FSA, life insurance, and more
- Paid time off, paid sick days, paid holidays, paid parental leave
- 11 paid federal holidays per year
- Paid time off and paid sick leave are both accrued at a rate of 4 hours every two weeks totaling 13 days of paid time off and 13 days of paid sick leave
- Phenomenal 401k options
- Student loan repayment programs, professional development, and continued education opportunities
- Annual salary increases and bonus opportunities
- Nationwide career advancement opportunities
- Dynamic, professional atmosphere serving America's heroes