Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.

Community Care

Quick Links
Veterans Crisis Line Badge
My healthevet badge

Indian Health Service/Tribal Health Program/Urban Indian Organization (I/T/U)

To improve access to care for American Indian and Alaska Native (AI/AN) Veterans, VA works with the Indian Health Service (IHS), Tribal Health Programs (THP) and Urban Indian Organization (UIO) (I/T/U) to reimburse the cost of care provided to eligible AI/AN Veterans at IHS, THP and UIO facilities. Through the VA Reimbursement Agreements Program (RAP), care is provided to Veterans closer to home in a culturally sensitive environment at an I/T/U facility.

NOTE: This video has not been updated to reflect UIO inclusions.

Eligible AI/AN Veterans do not need preauthorization to receive care through an I/T/U facility that participates in I/T/U RAP or pay a copayment.

Due to the rural nature of Alaska and limited VA presence, the Alaska THP Reimbursement Agreements Program also covers eligible non-AI/AN Veterans. VA preauthorization is required for non-AI/AN Veterans and provided care may be subject to VA copayments.

To learn more information about the program, please visit the VA Office of Tribal Government Relations (OTGR) Veteran Resources website or contact the I/T/U RAP Team via the email listed below.


I/T/U RAP Team