Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
Attention A T users. To access the combo box on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Press the alt key and then the down arrow. 2. Use the up and down arrows to navigate this combo box. 3. Press enter on the item you wish to view. This will take you to the page listed.
Veterans Crisis Line Badge

Debt Management Center

Pause1 Play1
Financial services

Payment Options

There are various payment options available to Veterans, members of the Armed Forces and family members who incur debts as a result of their participation in most VA compensation, pension and education programs.

Learn more »

Detail of a hand using phone keypad

Whom To Call 

Need assistance, but don’t know where to turn?  Get the right contacts!

Go »

Files and Folders

Request for Waiver

When you request a waiver, you are requesting that we terminate collection action on a debt.

Learn more »

Screenshot of the Financial Status Report form

Financial Status Report

You now have two options (Portable Document File or Fillable Form) to complete the Financial Status Report Form.  Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to complete the Financial Status Report in either format.

Learn more »


Attention Veterans and Family members who have a VBA overpayment.

If you are affected by the COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS), have a VBA benefit debt and need temporary financial relief, please contact DMC at 1-800-827-0648 to request assistance.

The financial relief actions include the following until further notice:

  • Suspending all actions on Veteran debts under the jurisdiction of the Treasury Department.
  • Suspending collection action or extending repayment terms on preexisting VA debts, as the Veteran prefers.


Veterans, members of the Armed Forces and family members who incur debts as a result of their participation in most VA compensation, pension and education programs as well as home loans closed before January 1, 1990, receive letters from DMC notifying them of their rights as well as their obligation to reimburse the Department of Veterans Affairs.  If you have a debt with us, you may have questions concerning payment plans, amounts offset from your benefit payments and what to do if payment of the debt would cause hardship.  Many answers can be found on this page and other pages of this Web site.

Our normal business hours are Monday through Friday from 6:30a.m. to 6:00p.m(CT). We experience our highest call volumes on Mondays and throughout the first week of each month.  The best time to call us is Tuesday through Thursday between 10:30a.m. to 12:15p.m. and 1:15p.m. to 3:30p.m. (Central).  We have added staff and telephone lines to handle your call.

Our Toll free number is 1-800-827-0648, for international callers 1-612-713-6415

 Additional fax numbers



Link for Informtion regarding COVID-19


If you have trouble reaching us by phone, please try again later in the day or consider these alternatives:


U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Debt Management Center
P.O. Box 11930
St. Paul, MN 55111

We would highly appreciate it if you took a few minutes to complete a brief survey on your most recent experience with the Debt Management Center’s Call Center. Go to

Your privacy is important to us.  Please read the following:

Privacy Act Information:  Information, including your VA claim number or Social Security Number, furnished on checks, cashier’s checks (bank drafts) and money orders made in payment of a debt is used to associate a payment with an accounts receivable record so we may properly credit the account.  Disclosure is voluntary.  However, without disclosure, we may require payment by some other methods.  Personally identifiable information is protected from unauthorized disclosure by 38 U.S.C. 5701.  The information may be disclosed outside the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) only when authorized by the Privacy Act of 1974, as amended.  The routine uses for which VA may disclose the information can be found in VA systems of records, including 58VA21/22/28, Compensation, Pension, Education and Rehabilitation Records-VA, and 88VA244, Accounts Receivable Records-VA.  VA systems of records and alterations to the systems are published in the Federal Register and can be reviewed at VA Privacy Act System of Records.  Any information provided by you, including your Social Security Number, may be used in computer matching programs conducted in connection with any proceeding for the collection of an amount owed by virtue of participation in any benefit program administered by VA.