Find the latest information and updates on how we are supporting your healthcare needs for this year's flu season as well as COVID-19 vaccines and boosters.
COVID-19 Vaccines and Resources
We have stopped administering the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna bivalent COVID-19 vaccines, pending the arrival of the new formulation that was recently authorized by the FDA. Updates will follow once the new vaccines are available.
If you need a COVID-19 test, please use the resources below:
- We offer COVID-19 testing to Veterans enrolled in VA health care. Appointments are required. Veterans who wish to be seen at our C.W.Y. campus can call 727-398-6661 and press 2 to schedule an appointment with their primary care team. If you receive care at one of our other facilities, please use the information here to connect with your primary care team.
- At-Home Tests at Retailers and Pharmacies: At-home tests are available for sale around the U.S. Check with local retailers and pharmacies to see where at-home tests are available.
- Insurance Reimbursement for At-Home Tests: If you have health insurance through an employer or Marketplace, your insurance will pay you back for 8 at-home tests each month for each person on your plan. Learn more about insurance reimbursement (scroll to number three)
- 15,000+ Free Testing Sites: No-cost antigen and PCR COVID-19 tests are available to everyone in the U.S., including the uninsured, at more than 20,000 sites nationwide. Find resources in your state
COVID-19 Masking Requirements
The health and safety of every employee and those we serve will remain uppermost in our decision-making process as the Executive Leadership Team continues to monitor transmission levels and adjust in accordance with CDC and VACO guidance. Please note adjustments to these locations may occur. We will notify you immediately to any changes.
Areas currently identified as High Risk (including the associated waiting areas) require mandatory masking by all employees, Veterans and caregivers/visitors, are as follows:
- Emergency Department (Bldg. 100)
- Chemotherapy Infusion Clinic (Bldg. 100 4C)
- Dialysis (Bldg. 100, 4D)
- Radiation Oncology Center (Bldg. 107)
- Community Living Centers & Geri PACT Clinic (Bldgs. 71 & 101)
- Lee County ACC - only
PLEASE NOTE: Should a Veteran ask an employee to wear a mask, all employees will comply with this request for the duration of their engagement with the Veteran.
- Face masking is still required for all individuals (regardless of location) with suspected or confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection or other respiratory infections or informed by their healthcare providers about their high potential for developing severe diseases.
- We will remove screening stations at the entrances to our facilities; however, we will maintain operations that support COVID testing for Veterans and employees who may be symptomatic.
- There are no restrictions on number of personnel in an office for determination of masking requirements. Ensuring persons are well spaced remains critical to this decision. This also includes large groups in adequate space and per room size limitations.
- Masking stations will be available across the healthcare system for employees and Veterans who may need a mask.
- Those who are symptomatic are encouraged to always place health and safety first. We recommend getting a COVID test, staying home, and or rescheduling appointments.
- The health, safety, and welfare of our Veterans and visitors seen throughout Bay Pines VA Healthcare System, as well as our employees, always remains the top priority. These changes are subject to change as determined by community transmission levels, surges and/or high rate of positive cases. We will communicate those changes as quickly as possible. Your understanding and support remain critical as we work to provide you the best environment possible to work and receive world-class healthcare.
COVID-19 testing requirements for asymptomatic Veterans before elective or Emergency Department Admissions has ceased at all of Bay Pines VA Healthcare System's (BPVAHCS) locations.
If the community levels or county hospitalizations become high, resumption of testing may be necessary.
|Location||C.W.Y Campus – Eligibility Office (located near Outpatient Entrance in bldg. 100)||Administration Method||Accepting Walk-ins||Times||Monday – Friday, from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.|
|Location||Lee County Healthcare Center||Administration Method||Accepting Walk-ins||Times||Monday – Friday, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.|
|Location||Bradenton, Naples, North Pinellas, Port Charlotte, Sarasota, Sebring, and St. Petersburg VA Clinics – front entrance of clinics||Administration Method||Accepting Walk-ins||Times||Monday – Friday, from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 – 2 p.m.|
Please see the table below for a list of dates and locations where enrolled Veterans may receive flu shots from Bay Pines VA.
In addition to being offered by VA, no-cost flu shots are also available at retail pharmacies and urgent care locations. To locate a VA medical facility, in-network urgent care, or retail pharmacy near you, use the VA Locator and follow the steps below:
- Enter the city, state, or postal ZIP code for your location
- Choose a Facility Type from the drop-down menu
- Select VA health for VA medical center locations
- Select Urgent Care, for “All in-network urgent care”
- Select Community pharmacies (in VA’s network)
- Click search
- Choose a provider
Visit www.prevention.va.gov/flu for more information about flu shots.
|Location||C.W.Y Campus – Bldg. 100, MOD D||Administration Method||Accepting Walk-ins||Times||Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.|
|Location||Lee County Healthcare Center||Administration Method||Accepting Walk-ins||Times||Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.|
|Location||Sarasota VA Clinic – front entrance of clinics||Administration Method||Accepting Walk-ins||Times||Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.|
|Location||Bradenton, Naples, North Pinellas, Port Charlotte, Sebring and St. Petersburg VA Clinics – front entrance of clinics||Administration Method||Accepting Walk-ins||Times||Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.|