Research News and Announcements
Last updated October 19, 2022
Monthly IRBNet (VAIRRS) Webinars
The Birmingham VA Institutional Review Board (IRB) would like to introduce monthly IRBNet (VAIRRS) webinars to provide advice, training, demonstrations, and guidance to the Research community. The webinars will be held on the third Thursday of the month at 12:30 pm. The HRPP Administrator will present for the first half of the webinar and allow for Questions and Answers (Q&A’s) for the reminder of the webinar.
If you have any suggestions for topics for the webinar, please email the HRPP Administrator at Latanya.Higginbottom@va.gov.
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer, mobile app or room device
Meeting ID: 249 988 585 490
Or call in (audio only)
+1 205-235-3524,,390553504# United States, Birmingham
Phone Conference ID: 390 553 504#
Conflict of Interest (COI) Module for Investigators and Committee Members
The Office of Research Protections, Policy, and Education (ORPP&E) is pleased to announce a new webinar in our VAIRRS monthly series. Details can be found below:
- Topic: Conflict of Interest (COI) Module for Investigators and Committee Members
- Date/Time: Tuesday, October 18, 2022 2 – 3 pm
- Purpose: VAIRRS recently launched the Conflict of Interest (COI) module. Join the VAIRRS October webinar to learn more about the COI module and how it will be utilized by investigators and committee members in IRBNet.
- The purpose of VAIRRS Monthly Webinar is to provide expert advice, training, demonstration, and/or direction to the VA research community regarding the various topics around the VA Innovation and Research Review System (VAIRRS).
- Lead Presenter(s): Angela Foster, ORPP&E Program Manager,
- Webinar details and registration: https://veteransaffairs.webex.com/veteransaffairs/j.php?RGID=rbf531745976dfbcb1548f68e52e1526a
- Software Requirements: We suggest you log on using Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
- Recording: This webinar will be recorded
Please distribute this announcement within your facility to others who may benefit from this training.
You can find registration information for future ORPP&E webinar opportunities as well as recordings of past webinars on our webinar webpage: https://www.research.va.gov/programs/orppe/education/webinars/default.cfm
Handouts will be sent out the morning of the scheduled webinar.
Register for an ORPPE Listserv Groups to keep in touch with your colleagues.
Current and Future Directions in QUERI
October 26, 2022 | 1:00pm-2:00pm ET
Amy Kilbourne, PhD, MPH
Director, VA Quality Enhancement Research Initiative (QUERI), VA Health Services Research & Development
Melissa Braganza, MPH
Deputy Director, VA Quality Enhancement Research Initiative (QUERI), VA Health Services Research & Development
Quality Enhancement Research Initiative (QUERI) National Program Office leaders will present on QUERI’s recent accomplishments, challenges, and opportunities and emerging trends in implementation and quality improvement sciences. They will provide an overview of QUERI’s communication strategy, describe QUERI’s efforts to promote opportunities for early career investigators and staff, and highlight new directions for QUERI in aligning evidence-based policymaking and VA quality improvement efforts.