Skip to Content
Your browser is out of date. To use this website, please update your browser or use a different device.
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Request a Presidential Memorial Certificate to Honor a Veteran or Reservist

A Presidential Memorial Certificate (PMC) is an engraved paper certificate signed by the current president. Find out how to request a certificate to honor the military service of a Veteran or Reservist.

Can I get a Presidential Memorial Certificate?

You can get a Presidential Memorial Certificate if both of the descriptions below are true.

Both of these must be true:

  • The Veteran or Reservist is eligible for burial in a national cemetery, and
  • You’re the next of kin, family member, or close friend of the Veteran or Reservist (or an authorized service representative for a family member or friend of the Veteran or Reservist)

View eligibility requirements.

How do I apply for a Presidential Memorial Certificate?

You can apply for a PMC in person, by mail, or by fax.

In person

You can apply at any VA regional benefit office.
Find your nearest VA regional benefit office.

By mail

You can fill out and mail a PMC request form, along with a copy of the Veteran’s death certificate and discharge papers (DD214 or other separation documents).
Download a PMC request form.

Send the PMC request form and discharge papers to:

Memorial Products Service (41B)
Department of Veterans Affairs
5109 Russell Road
Quantico, VA 22134-3903

By fax

You can also fax the form to 1-800-455-7143. If you need help, call 1-800-697-6947.