Skip to Content
Your browser is out of date. To use this website, please update your browser or use a different device.
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Change Your VA Direct Deposit and Contact Information

Change your direct deposit and contact information for certain VA benefits online.

What benefit information can I change with this tool?

You can change your:

  • Disability compensation benefits payment and contact information
  • Pension benefits payment and contact information
  • Education benefits payment information

What banking information will I need to get started?

You’ll need your bank’s:

  • Name
  • Address
  • Phone number

And you’ll need your:

  • Routing number
  • Account number

Are there other ways to change my direct deposit or contact information?

Yes. You can change your information by mail or phone.

By mail

Fill out a Direct Deposit Enrollment (VA Form 24-0296).
Download VA Form 24-0296.

Mail the completed form to:

Department of Veterans Affairs
125 S. Main Street, Suite B
Muskogee OK 74401-7004

By phone

Call us at 1-800-827-1000 (TTY: 1-800-829-4833).

We’re here Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. (ET).

Should I contact VA if I have other changes to my information?

Yes. It’s important to update your information with us if you change your marital status, have a baby, adopt a child, or experience any other life change that could affect your rating or payment.

If you have a disability rating of 30% or higher, you may be able to add eligible dependents to your VA disability compensation to get a higher payment (also called a “benefit rate”).
Find out how to add eligible dependents.

If your disability gets worse, you can file a claim for an increase in benefits.
File for a VA disability increase.

Veteran portraits