Volunteer or donate
At Jesse Brown VA Medical Center, we believe in standing together to honor and support our heroes, the brave men and women who have served our country selflessly. This is your chance to make a real difference in their lives. Join us in our mission to give back to those who have given so much.
- Ambassador Team – Escort veterans and visitors to their destination within the hospital, ensuring warm handoff.
- Inpatient Care Support Team – Provide services and resources directly to newly admitted veteran patients at JBVA.
- Pharmacy Patient Flow Team – Assist patients with Pharmacist based on priority, utilizing a numerical system.
- CDCE Office Support Team – Support the CDCE staff regarding donations, patient engagements, and elevating veteran experience at JBVA.
- Welcome Wagon Team – Distribute comfort kits to new inpatients and visit patients in the wards.
- Patient Escort Team – Assist escort service with wheelchair transportation on first floor clinics.
- Volunteer Drivers Team (Northwest Indiana only) – Transport veterans who have a scheduled doctor appointment and who don’t have transportation of their own.
- Soldiers’ Angels Team – Assist the team from Soldier’s Angels in distributing donations to the veterans.
- Compassionate Contact Corps Team – Connect via telephone with homebound veterans and caregivers seeking connection.
- Emergency Room Team – Assist the ER team in a fast-paced environment to provide optimal service to veteran patients.
- Special Event Team – Assist with special events that occur in and around JBVA.
- Supply Chain Management Team – Assist supply chain management with stocking, administrative work, and other tasks in the hospital.
And many more opportunities!
- Impact Lives: Your time and skills can make a profound difference in the lives of veterans. Whether you read to a veteran, assist with activities, or simply offer a listening ear, your presence is priceless.
- Build Connections: Volunteering is an excellent way to connect with veterans, learn their stories, and gain a deeper appreciation for their sacrifices.
- Personal Growth: Volunteering provides a sense of purpose and fulfillment. You can develop new skills, gain valuable experiences, and expand your horizons.
- Receive a free meal ticket for every 4-hour shift.
- Parking validation for every volunteer shift.
Become a Volunteer
Donate online now – Follow the link below to donate online with a debit or credit card.
- Provide Essential Care: Your donations help ensure veterans receive the best medical care, rehabilitation services, mental health support, and much more. Every contribution counts.
- Tax deductible: Donations that support any VA program are tax deductible. Donation letters will be provided to donor upon request.
- Know you are making an impact: 100% of donations received go directly to veterans in need.
What Can I Donate?
We accept monetary donations in the form of cash, check, and debit/credit payments (see link above for E-Donate).
To donate items such as clothing, non-perishable goods, or household items, please see the attached list of donation needs to learn how you can best help our veterans with frequently requested items.