Check your VA claim, decision review, or appeal status
Find out how to check the status of a VA claim, decision review, or appeal online.
What types of claims, decision reviews, and appeals can I check in this tool?
You can use this tool to check the status of a VA claim, decision review, or appeal for these types of compensation:
- Disability compensation (including claims based on special needs like an automobile or clothing allowance)
- Veterans or Survivors Pension benefits
- Special monthly compensation (such as Aid and Attendance)
- Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (DIC)
- Burial allowance to help pay for a Veteran’s burial and funeral expenses
You can also use this tool to check the status of a claim, decision review, or appeal for other benefits like these:
- VA health care
- GI Bill or other education benefits
- Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E)
- A home loan Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- A Specially Adapted Housing (SAH) or Special Housing Adaptation (SHA) grant
- Life insurance
- A pre-need determination of eligibility to be buried in a VA national cemetery
Can I use this tool?
To use this tool, you’ll need to have one of these free accounts:
- A verified Login.gov account, or
- A verified ID.me account, or
- A Premium DS Logon account (used for eBenefits and milConnect), or
- A Premium My HealtheVet account
Once I’m signed in, how do I check my status?
You’ll find a list of your claims, decision reviews, and appeals. You can check the statuses in the list. Or you can select a claim, decision review, or appeal to review the full details.
What kind of information can I get from this tool?
You can find out where your claim, decision review, or appeal is in our review process.
You can also check these details:
- Any evidence you’ve filed online to support your initial claim
- Any additional evidence we’ve requested from you
- Your claim, decision review, or appeal type
- What you’ve claimed
You can also use the tool to upload and download some documents:
- Upload evidence for an initial claim (you can’t use this tool to upload evidence for a decision review or an appeal)
- Download decision letters for certain types of claims, decision reviews, and appeals
What if I sent a document to VA as evidence and it’s not listed?
This may be because certain documents won’t appear online.
We won’t list these types of documents:
- Documents you sent to us by mail or fax, or
- Documents you brought to us in person, or
- Documents we’ve restricted to protect your or someone else’s privacy
Will VA protect my personal information if I use this tool?
Yes. This is a secure website. We follow strict security policies and practices to protect your personal health information.
If you print or download anything from the website, you’ll need to take responsibility for protecting that information.
What if I have more questions?
You can call us at 800-827-1000 (TTY: 711). We’re here Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. ET.