Huntington VA Medical Center
About the Huntington VA Medical Center
The Huntington VAMC is a fully accredited 80-bed acute medical and surgical care facility, offering primary care, outpatient mental health services, and subspecialty outpatient care. VA staffed community based outpatient clinics are located in Charleston, West Virginia, and Prestonsburg, Kentucky. In addition, rural outreach clinics are located in Gallipolis, Ohio and Lenore, West Virginia. This Medical Center is the principal teaching facility for the Marshall University School of Medicine for undergraduate and postgraduate medical education. Learn More About Our Affiliations...
In 2011 the VAMC established a mental health complex on the facility's campus, including a new Outpatient Mental Health Clinic and a Psychosocial Rehabilitation and Recovery Center (PRRC). Also in 2011, the VAMC opened a new Homeless Veterans Resource Center in downtown Huntington, in close proximity to community resources. In 2013, a new standalone Women's Health Clinic opened on campus to provide comprehensive health care services to our female patients. Extensive use of community resources, as well as contract community nursing homes for post-hospitalization care, complement our Medical Center's treatment programs.
- Marshall University School of Medicine
- 80 Authorized Beds
Type of Facility
- General Medicine and Surgery
- Intermediate Medicine
- Primary Care
- Nuclear Medicine
- Rehabilitation Medicine, including Physical & Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health Clinic (Outpatient)
- Outpatient Alcohol/Substance Use Disorders
- Infectious Disease
- Research and Development
- Audiology & Speech Therapy
- Cochlear Implant Surgery
- Cardiology, Cardiac Cath Lab and Electrophysiology
- Acute Dialysis
- Surgery, including Bariatric, ENT, Vascular, Thoracic, Urology, Orthopedic, Spinal and Plastic
- Neurology & EMG
- Optometry (including an on site residency program)
- Podiatry (including on site primary and surgical residency programs)
- Clinical Pharmacy (including on site residency program)
- Dental clinic and Oral/Maxillofacial surgery
- Pain Management
- Spinal Cord Injury Primary Care and Support Team
- Visually Impaired Support Team (VIST)
- Blind Rehabilitation Outpatient Services
- Homeless Outreach
- Women's Health
- Telemedicine and Telemental Health
- PTSD Outpatient Clinic
- PET Scanning
- Learn More About Our Healthcare Services...
Need More Information?
For more information about the Huntington VA Medical Center, please visit our website at www.huntington.va.gov.