Skip to Content

Co-op training

A college or university co-op training program lets you get full-time work experience in between periods of going to school full time. You may be able to get help paying for some of your costs—like books, tuition, and housing—if you’re part of a co-op. Find out if you can get these education benefits.

Am I eligible for education benefits for co-op training?

You may be eligible to get money for books, tuition, and housing if you meet all of these requirements.

All of these must be true:

  • You’re using VA educational assistance, and
  • You’re enrolled at an approved Institution of Higher Learning (IHL), and
  • You’re in an educational program that requires part-time study and part-time work or training

Who’s covered?


What benefits can I get?

  • Help paying for tuition
  • Money for books and housing

How much money will I get?

The amount we cover depends on the benefit you use.