Skip to Content

Erie VA Mental Health Careers

Mental health professionals play a critical role in making sure Veterans recover and thrive after military service. Erie VA health care continually seeks qualified counselors, psychologists, RNs, and social workers to provide care for our regional Veterans.

Choose a mental health career path with great purpose; serve those who have served our country.

Interested applicants, please send cover letter and resume to:
Jamie Zewe, Chief of Behavioral Health

Erie VA behavioral health positions:

Current openings:

Currently available positions

Medication Prescriber (Ambulatory Detox/Primary Care-Mental Health Integration)

Open to: 
Psychiatrists | Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners (must have psychiatric certification) | Physician Assistant (with mental health/substance abuse treatment experience)


  • Provide ambulatory detox services
  • Provides consultation to Primary Care Providers (PCPs) on psychiatric disorders, treatment, and interventions within Primary Care-Mental Health Integration (PCMHI) program.
  • Reviews nursing assessments and provides PCPs with psychotropic recommendations
  • Conducts brief evaluations and may initiate psychotropic medications within PCMHI
  • Provides back-up coverage for Behavioral Health programs, to include the residential program (admissions, monitoring, prescribing, and discharges)


  • Hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.


Psychologist GS-11 (unlicensed): $72,565 starting
Psychologist GS-12 (newly licensed): $86,975 starting
Psychologist GS-13 (fully licensed): $103,425 starting - $134,450 

Rehabilitation Counselor: $69,107 starting - $89,835 
Social Workers with less than 1 year experience and unlicensed Professional Counselors: $59,976
Social Workers and LPCs: $ 72,565 starting - $94,331

Nurse: Determined prior to hire
Nurse Practitioner: Determined prior to hire
Physicians Assistant: Determined prior to hire
Psychiatrist: Determined prior to hire


Learn more about VA Mental Health careers