Erie VA Nursing Careers
We are hiring all nursing positions, CRNPs, RNs, LPNs, and NAs.
Nurses are at the center of VA care at the Erie VA Medical Center. Every day, they make a profound impact on the lives of Veterans in our area by helping us provide patient-centered, high-quality health care.
A nursing career at VA is fulfilling in ways that few other professions can offer. Our mission to serve and care for Veterans is the heart of everything we do.
Erie VA Medical Center is actively filling critical nursing positions that help Veterans get better, faster. Our nurses work across disciplines and in all treatment settings, helping coordinate the full spectrum of patient care.
Erie VA nurses work across a continuum of services for acute and chronic conditions in hospital, ambulatory and skilled nursing services. Services include ambulatory surgery, urgent care, long-term care, connected care, home based primary care, specialty and primary care clinics including the Community Based Outpatient Clinics located in Ashtabula, Meadville, Venango, and Warren. We also offer positions in clinical support settings and management.
Apply at www.usajobs.gov or contact our nurse recruiter.
Mary (Mari) Johnson MSN, RN
VA Erie health care
As a nurse at VA, you’ll have a balanced, flexible work environment, and benefits focused on your unique needs.
- Unrestricted licensing and relocation. With an active U.S. nursing license, a move to Erie VA Medical Center couldn’t be easier. You can also transfer to any of VA’s 1,255 facilities across the nation and in some U.S. territories without losing any benefits, accumulated paid leave, or pay. In addition, if you’re hired for a specific, difficult-to-recruit direct patient care position, you may be eligible for VA’s Education Debt Reduction Program.
- Education and development. Advance in your career with education support programs and ongoing leadership training through every level of employment.
- Competitive salaries. We offer our employees strong starting salaries based on education, training, and experience. We also offer steady growth, with periodic pay raises that address inflation and local market changes.
- Flexible schedules. Our employees receive 13 to 26 paid vacation/personal days, as well as 13 sick days annually with no limit on accumulation, and we observe 11 paid federal holidays each year.
- Robust insurance options. You can choose from a variety of health maintenance organizations or fee-for-service health plans, and all cover preexisting conditions. Additionally, we pay up to 75% of health premiums, a benefit that can continue into retirement.
- Retirement Benefits. Prepare for life after VA service with Social Security, a pension, and Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) (401(k)). Get credit for military service.