At the VA Fayetteville Coastal Healthcare System, we’re dedicated to improving the lives of our Veterans and their families.
About VA Fayetteville Coastal Healthcare System
The Fayetteville NC VA Coastal Health Care provides health care services to approximately 80,000 Veterans in a 19-county area of southeastern North Carolina. Our facilities include the Fayetteville VA Medical Center, two health care centers—one in Fayetteville and one in Wilmington, 9 outpatient clinics.
The VA Fayetteville Coastal Healthcare System provides you with exceptional care that improves the health and well-being of Veterans. Our teams work in an integrated environment that supports learning, discovery, and continuous improvement.
Health care and services
We provide you with health care services in a 19-county area of southeastern North Carolina. Our facilities include our Fayetteville VA Medical Center and 16 community-based outpatient clinics. To learn more about the services each Fayetteville health care location offers, visit the VA Fayetteville Coastal health services page.
The VA Fayetteville Coastal Healthcare System is an innovative care center within the Veterans Integrated Service Network 6 (VISN 6). VISN 6 includes medical centers in Asheville, Durham, Fayetteville, and Salisbury in North Carolina; and Hampton, Richmond, and Salem in Virginia; and 38 outpatient clinics in North Carolina and Virginia.
Teaching and learning
The VA Fayetteville Coastal Medical Center has affiliations with 44 colleges and universities that include 112 programs, including a stand-alone Dental Advanced Education in General Dentistry residency program that collaborates with Fort Bragg dental training facilities. Primary clinical affiliations include:
- University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill School of Medicine, Department of Ophthalmology
- East Carolina University Brody School of Medicine
- Campbell University Pharmacy Residency Program
- In 2018, we served 75,112 Veterans in our 19-county service area.
- We had 2,254 full-time employees.
- More than 97% of Veterans in the region can be at a VA primary care appointment within a one-hour drive.
- More than 97% of Veterans are seen within 30 days of their requested appointment date.
- In 2018, we had 338,184 outpatient visits, 8,732 emergency room visits, and 967 hospital admissions.
The Fayetteville VA Medical Center is accredited by:
- The Joint Commission
- College of American Pathologists
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- American College of Radiology
- Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities