Skip to Content

About VA Form 22-5495

Form name: Dependents’ Request for Change of Program or Place of Training
Related to: Education and training, Family member benefits
Form last updated: March 2023

When to use this form

Use VA Form 22-5495 to request changes to your education benefits if you’re using one of these programs:

  • Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance (DEA) program, or
  • Fry Scholarship

Downloadable PDF

Download VA Form 22-5495 (PDF)

Online tool

You can submit your request online instead of filling out and sending us the paper form.

Go to the online tool
  • Learn about eligibility requirements and how VA education benefits can help you pay for college or a training program, and get career counseling.

  • Find out how to apply for the GI Bill and other VA education benefits as a Veteran, service member, or qualified family member.

  • Find out if you’re eligible for education benefits for dependents and survivors (also called Chapter 35 benefits).