Women Veteran care
VA Houston health care supports the health, welfare, and dignity of female Veterans and their families by ensuring equal access to timely, sensitive, and quality care. A women Veteran care coordinator can help you get the services you need.
Connect with a care coordinator
Care we provide at VA Houston
Our women's health program offers women Veterans comprehensive care, including:
- Primary care
- Routine gynecology
- Maternity care and postpartum support
- Mammography and ultrasounds
- Mental health care and counseling
- Lifestyle wellness services
- Patient self-directed scheduling for mammography screening. Schedule your annual mammogram by calling 713-791-1414, ext. 22471 or 22954.
- Women's Inpatient Specialty Environment of Recovery (WISER)
Houston VA seeking nominations to name Women’s Health Center - Due June 12, 2022
The Houston VA Medical Center is naming our Women’s Health Center after a woman Veteran from the great state of Texas, and we need your help!
You are invited to nominate a local woman Veteran by describing her significant contributions to our country, to the local community, and during and after her military service. Self-nominations are accepted.
"Women make up about 10 percent of the Veteran population and are one of the fastest growing groups of Veterans," said Deleene Menefee, Women Veterans Program Manager. "The goal of this campaign is to recognize the military and community service of women Veterans and to provide women with an opportunity to see themselves when they walk into our VA facilities. This effort is in support of a larger cultural transformation already at work across VA."
Nominees will be judged by a panel of fellow women Veterans. The winner will be announced at a special ceremony at the Houston VA on Texas Women Veterans’ Day, June 12, 2022.
Please include a photo of your nominee if possible. We will use the photos for a special display.
Information for Nomination
- Nominee’s name:
- Self, Other Living Veteran or Deceased Veteran?
- Branch of Service/Rank:
- Nominee’s accomplishments/achievements: (500 words or less)
- Your name and phone number: