Minority Veteran care
VA Indiana health care works to increase local awareness of minority Veteran-related issues, to increase participation in VA benefits, and to ensure that we provide equitable benefits and services without barriers to access. Our care coordinator can help you find the resources you need.
Connect with a care coordinator
Care we provide at VA Indiana health care
Our Minority Veterans Program serves all Veterans, including Black Americans, Asian Americans, Hispanic Americans, and Native Americans, including American Indians, Alaskan Natives, Native Hawaiians, and Pacific Island Americans. We focus on:
- Management of the medical center in their efforts to address the needs of minority Veterans
- The needs of minority Veterans in the local community
- Identifying barriers and creating a more accessible environment for minority Veterans
- Informing Veterans of VA benefits, services, and programs
The Minority Veterans Program is dedicated to ensuring that all Veterans are aware of benefits, services, and programs offered by VA. The program is designed to act as a mediator and facilitator. We do not process claims, handle equal employment complaints, or employee-related issues.
If you're a minority Veteran, we can help you get the services and benefits you need. Our Minority Veterans Program serves all Veterans who are Black American, Asian American, Hispanic American, and Native American (including American Indians, Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians, and Pacific Island Americans). We work to:
- Help the medical center address minority Veterans' needs
- Meet minority Veterans' needs in the local community
- Identify barriers and create a more accessible environment for minority Veterans
- Inform minority Veterans of VA benefits, services, and programs
Minority Veteran Care Coordinator, 317-988-4140.